Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 05-09-2004, 01:04 AM   #71
Pacer
Founding Member

Default Re: MO fold?

You inspired me to check out the video archive. Lots of cool stuff. MO you need to give us more videos. I liked all of it even the human interest stories like the chick doing burnouts. I have been reading this site since circa 95 (I remember the RZ500 story when it was the head liner), and a big portion of it's beauty is how raw it was. Don't get me wrong the site is always improving, but don't forget to include the raw stuff. Corperate America sucks, veer away from there example/guide lines.
Pacer is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-09-2004, 06:58 AM   #72
tomhorn
Registered Member

Default Re: 2004 Benelli TNT

One word describes it: fugly. Looks OK coming or going, from the side...ow! Still not as bad as the Tuono though, at least you can see the motor.
tomhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 04:21 PM   #73
pdad13
Founding Member

Default Re: Digital Hacksaw to the rescue

Jeez, I was just foolin' about the clone job. I couldn't even muster up the strength to fire up my Mac and do it myself. So, thanks again.

Passenger footpegs, huh? Now that is an interesting idea. Wonder if that would pass muster with the authorities. Also wonder what the practical implications would be. But a nice thought. Has anybody done that?

Part of good design is integrating the necessary cosmetic evils in a clean, effective way. I don't mind it so much when Kawasaki/Suzuki/Honda/Yamaha takes the easy way out, but for the kind of coin you've got to spend for an Italian exotic, I expect a little more. You don't come up with a design and then say "okay, now we've got to stick the turn signals somewhere."

And you ain't getting any of my euros...even if I had any.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 05:14 PM   #74
GogglesPaisano
Founding Member

Default Re: MO fold?

Yeah I agree, that test is simply a joke. I felt like I hadn't read anything at all afterward. There's nothing challenging about saying every bike is great and here's our favorite, but they're all great, so they're not bad, they're all great, but if we have to choose, well, they're all great and here's the winner.

Lame as hell.

-=Goggles=-
GogglesPaisano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 06:48 PM   #75
JPColl
Founding Member

Yossef always looks like he's tied up in a knot on these bitty-Euro bikes. How tall is he anyway?

Mmm, radiators look cool, actually; methinks there's hope for Honda yet. The left side is a bit too industrial.
JPColl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 04:15 AM   #76
hector
Founding Member

Turn signals on the passenger pegs probably wouldn't pass the official inspection, but given that I've seen things a lot worse here in spain, I figure it as good a solution as any.

The biggest problem with the footpeg position is that they are generally not high enough off of the ground (can't be seen by cage drivers). The Benelli pillion pegs seem to be pretty high, so it might actually work with that bike and not get into too much trouble.

By the way, I don't need euros, I'll take whatever currency you've got - my local banker will give me a good exchange rate on just about anything except Iraki dinars.
hector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 06:03 AM   #77
nokneedragin
Founding Member

Default Raaaaallllllppphhh!!!!!

Thanks a bunch, someone brought KK donuts in today and now I feel like puking
nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 06:05 AM   #78
SRMark
Founding Member

Interesting concept. The designer needs a good *****-slapping. Reminds me of the melted-faced nazi on Raiders of the Lost Ark. I'd consider owning one though.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 06:43 AM   #79
pdad13
Founding Member

In that case, I've only got Iraqi Dinars. Sorry.

(BTW: Footpegs not high enough off of the ground: That's what I figured. I'm sure that wouldn't fly in most states in the US of A, although, I've seen some "turn signals" that are dubious at best. Not sure the cops are all that concerned about them here either. I do think a few states still don't require turn signals, but frankly, that's suicide in my book.)
Old 05-10-2004, 06:46 AM   #80
pdad13
Founding Member

Default Re: Raaaaallllllppphhh!!!!!

Somehow, the name Krispy Kreeme only makes it worse, doesn't it?