Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 05-08-2004, 08:01 AM   #61
GogglesPaisano
Founding Member

Default Re: MO fold?

In the dark days of the great subscription changeover I was worried because I'd sign on and see there'd be 47 users and 103 guests, and 47 x 12 bucks ain't floating a magazine, even one without printing costs. The begging and pleading on the site was so bad you had to feel for 'em, especially when people would shut 'em down with "it was free for years, I ain't paying for this kind of pitiful content".

They definitely seem to be over the worst of it, as content has improved and there's a lot less *****ing about them going subscription.

I miss the old videos. I wanna see the KLR wheelie again... I wanna see some of the older bike vids. I used to miss the old BBS system, but now I could never go back.

If they're refusing free help they must be doing okay. Ad money and the subscriptions seem to be doing the job. Good work, MO. You guys are a setting the standard in online bike zines now, at least for me.

-=Goggles=-
GogglesPaisano is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-08-2004, 08:40 AM   #62
seruzawa
The Toad

Have you checked out the pitiful "reality bikes" test on MC-USA? What a joke. What a love fest for the manufacturers. You'd think it was a subsidiary of Psychle Wurld.
Old 05-08-2004, 11:46 AM   #63
Nplateau
Founding Member

Actually, given this new layout, MO is probably better than it's ever been. I'm glad it's doing so well. Especially figuring I come to the site, oh, 20 times a day.

One of the best resources are the old bike reviews. Some are probably not up to snuff considering MO's current standards, but they still make a great reference.

Good stuff overall. My offer to help out remains open. You guys definitely need some youth. A young person's perspective is really needed. Not everybody can relate to curmudgeonly 35-60 year olds.
Nplateau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 04:04 PM   #64
pdad13
Founding Member

Default Re: Nice review

Only though strict social-scientific research. Cross my heart.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 04:05 PM   #65
pdad13
Founding Member

Only though strict social-scientific research. Cross my heart.
Old 05-08-2004, 04:06 PM   #66
pdad13
Founding Member

Doh!
Old 05-08-2004, 04:23 PM   #67
pdad13
Founding Member

Default Re: Digital Hacksaw to the rescue

Ah, who are you so wise in the ways of Photoshop (or at least the clone tool)?

I too thought about giving the ole' digital hacksaw a whirl but you, hotshot, beat me to it. Sh*t clone job, btw.

(Aw, I'm just kidding, I'm sure you were just trying to get the general effect. Thanks for doing it. I wish I could be as action-oriented.)

Anyway, notice how much better the bike looks without that premature fetus/dingleberry horror dangling from its derier. I still think it's overdone, but much better without the visual distraction.

Hmn...now where to put the rear turn signals?

Any suggestions Hector?
Old 05-08-2004, 04:33 PM   #68
pdad13
Founding Member

Default Re: What the hell is a Bukkake?

God, I hope not. Although it does bring to mind a glazed donut...
Old 05-08-2004, 10:46 PM   #69
Blake_1
Registered Member

Default The definition of "Ugly Motorcycle"

The TNT is destined to go down in history as one of the ugliest motorcycles ever built. And it came from Italy??? Blasphemy! LOL!!! More like Transylvania.

But I guess for the "Transformer" generation it might hold some limited appeal.
Old 05-09-2004, 12:55 AM   #70
hector
Founding Member

Default Re: Digital Hacksaw to the rescue

I agree, its a quick and dirty clone job, but keep in mind that the boys at Benelli probably took weeks to figure out how to put a mud flap/turn signal thingamajig on the bike in order to meet Euro regulations and I only spent 5 minutes sending it to "ugly things only a mother could love" heaven.

If you want it done right, send the many, many Euros it costs to buy one, I'll pick it up at my looking Benelli shop down the road, do a proper removal job, take a nice high quality picture and post it for your viewing pleasure. Hell, I'll even pitch in and buy the hacksaw myself.

As for the turn signals, I'd have to bring them back from heaven and stick them on the end of the passenger foot pegs so as not to call too much attention from the local Spanish police - although given how lax they are concerning these types of things, I don´t think any of them would notice if they weren´t there in the first place.
hector is offline   Reply With Quote