Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 05-11-2004, 05:57 PM   #91
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Digital Hacksaw to the rescue

Ha ha. You poor saps. 2/3 of the population lives East of the Mississippi. Most of the rest lives on the left coast. That leaves all those thousands of miles of nice empty Rocky Mountain roads to me. I'll think about you guys next week while I'm cruisin' the Wasatch, Grand Canyon and Monument Valley. I'll even hoist a beer or two for youse.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-11-2004, 07:19 PM   #92
SR
Founding Member

Default Re: 2004 Benelli TNT

There is one in San Francisco.
SR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 04:00 AM   #93
hector
Founding Member

"Too many people are already bad enough drivers. Now they're bad, lazy and overly confident."

You forgot to add - and overweight - from sitting on their fat arses and not putting any effort into getting from point A to point B. This is another reason why they need those SUV's in the first place.

hector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 05:41 AM   #94
pdad13
Founding Member

You suck.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 06:15 AM   #95
EricZZR
Founding Member

Why is it that in most of these reviews, nobody bothers to give us a picture of the ****pit of the bike being reviewed? We get plenty of side shots, but none from where you spend your time on the bike. I am always interested in what the intrument cluster looks like - yet your pub (like all the others) slights this aspect of the bike.
EricZZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 06:35 AM   #96
mikes748
Founding Member

There's a good ****pit shot on the benelli website

http://www.benelli.com/tnt_eng.htm

go to photo gallery
mikes748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 07:09 AM   #97
pdad13
Founding Member

It is pretty scary when you look around at a lot of people. Ironic that most of them feel that they need an SUV when most of the outdoor physical activity they get involves the taxing (to them) challenge of climbing up into the damn things.

I also laugh my ass off when people say that they need them because they've got a whole two kids and they just can't get along without the space afforded by their 2004 Lincoln Humongous. My parents had 4 sanity-testing sons and managed just fine with the Mercury station wagon. Of course, we barely had anything that resembled a modern seat belt (remeber lap belts?), but that's another issue altogether.

But the worst is the attitude expressed by a friend of mine. A hell of a nice guy, but severely misguided. He also thinks motorcycles are really dangerous. He just got married and was talking about buying his wife a huge SUV because he wanted her to be "safe." I asked him if he thought that she was a good driver. He replied something like "not really." So I said, " You're going to put her in a big truck that she may not be able to handle effectively, possibly endangering herself and many other people on the road, and that's going to make her safer? His reply, naturally, was affirmative.

So I, containing my building anger at his utter disregard for others and logic itself, told him that if his wife ever hit me on my bike, or in my car for that matter, I'd make sure I sued him for every penny he had (and I hate lawsuits). I also told him that attitudes like his make motorcycling a lot more dangerous--not the bikes or most of the riders.

Also, I recently saw that while SUVs fare better in accidents with cars, they fare WORSE when involved in accidents with other SUVs (as opposed to car-to-car accidents.) With 70% of U.S. new car sales being SUVs, the odds for the SUV owners are getting worse every day. But, as we know, perception rules over reality.

All that being said, I've got no problems with SUVs if you really want to own one. Just be able to keep it in your lane, be aware of its size, be responsible, and take the damn thing offroad once in a while. Oh, and, having four-wheel drive doesn't make you STOP any better when traveling at 80mph in a blizzard.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 09:36 AM   #98
maladg
Founding Member

Be warned: I've taken note of all who know what "bukakke" means...including me! Perverts one and all.
maladg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 05:53 AM   #99
rhust
Founding Member

Default How much does this supermodel cost?

I suppose if you have to ask it's not for you, but if it's in the range of the Tornado ($18k for the base model) then I'll take a Speed Triple and a 60" plasma screen, thanks. To save costs the suspenders don't have full adjustments? Plz... Eye-talian, eye-candy indeed.
rhust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 01:36 PM   #100
drthompson65
Founding Member

Anyone selling Benelli in the USA yet?
2004 Ducati 999 Mono Yellow (Wrecked May 06)
2006 Ducati 999S Mono Black (Replaced Wife June 06)

1972-2000 A collection of mini, dirt, and road bikes to vast too list..
drthompson65 is offline   Reply With Quote