Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 04-24-2004, 02:45 AM   #1
pgcjoy
Founding Member

Default Re: 2004 Open Class Shootout

Good review by the MO team and the objective conclusions drawn.

Aloha!
pgcjoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-24-2004, 04:28 AM   #2
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Sean, I'm good at using my mirrors. Give me a call next time.

Buzz
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2004, 04:42 AM   #3
seruzawa
The Toad

Awright. Somebody's gotta start complaining about how he's getting ripped off for $12/year. No test is complete without it.

Well, no need for the suspense. You left out the most important literbike, the Concours.

Old 04-24-2004, 04:46 AM   #4
seruzawa
The Toad

Oh yeah. As if they need all the test bikes being tossed down the hillside by the GPTB.
Old 04-24-2004, 05:18 AM   #5
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Yeah but I wouldn't have ridden them down the hillside. A proper GPTB member would push all the "Japcrap" down the hillside and then sell off the Italian and Britbikes for drug money.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2004, 05:39 AM   #6
coyn586
Founding Member

Good Times Fellas.. Good Times... I was given the opportunity to ride those test bikes too.. But I was having so much fun on my little 04 GSXR600, and the fact that none of the test bikes were on Dunlops.. I chose to stick with my 6. I did get a chance to dice around a bit with MikeE on the 10R, and Will on the R1 (and the Triumph)..

Good luck on the Gix1000 and 999 guys.. Hope ya'll didn't get into TOO much trouble over that.

coyn586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2004, 06:43 AM   #7
ebass
Founding Member

Default SA the Lionhearted

While Sean and I enjoy exchanging the occasional friendly jab, in all sincerity the MO readership should know that this guy showed some true grit both mentally and physically in salvaging a slightly "extra crispy" test from the scorching flames of a comparo gone all kinds of wrong.

After inadvertantly punching the entire front end off of a Gixxer with his fist, I watched this guy commandeer his brother's jumbo-sized gloves because his swollen paw no longer fit into his own, duct tape his fingers together and tear around Buttonwillow the next day. Anyone who feels they didn't get their measly $12 worth out of Dirty can discuss it with me in the alley behind Hooters.

That having been said, back to the friendly jabbing!

"So SA, about that last sesh where you and Emery couldn't pass my fat, old, slow ass in 20 minutes of trying.....

ebass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2004, 07:01 AM   #8
F451
Founding Member

Default eBass, you dog

"Ebass is widely rumored to be popular with ladies though the rest of us saw no immediate evidence of this. A particularly scurrilous rumor has Ebass dating Sean's mother, which, if true, explains...."

Enjoyable article. I admire the engineering of all the motorcycles, but particularly like what Honda is doing these days.

MO...well worth the twelve bucks.

Hey eBass I saw you wearing (or maybe you stole it) a USC shirt, you a USC grad? That would be too bad as UCLA has much nicer colors.
F451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2004, 07:09 AM   #9
pated
Registered Member

You know, only the slackeys at MO would have a wreck on the way to the track, take out 2 bikes, and think it was funny. You guys are unprofessional.
pated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2004, 07:36 AM   #10
sarnali
Founding Member

The proper GPTB response would be to nimbley pick his way through the rice-rocket wreckage, pull into the nearest tavern and pound a few oil cans while talking about how dangerous sportbikes are.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote