Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 05-03-2004, 10:22 AM   #251
anrajala
Founding Member

Default Re: 2004 Open Class Shootout - Those who can't do, *****.

Wau what a looooong and booooring defense against attack that never was.

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-03-2004, 10:26 AM   #252
anrajala
Founding Member

Default Re: I subscribe to several different print mags, the MO review was the best by far.

The fact that there actually are dyno runs aready sets MO apart from many also-run publications.

- cruis-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 07:01 PM   #253
Holy_Kaw
Founding Member

Default Re: Triumph in 8th?

Both. The sound alone is worth the ticket.
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 01:22 PM   #254
JPColl
Founding Member

Default where are the SV650, Concours, VFR threads

Could someone direct me to these classic MO reader feedback threads? I could use a laugh.
JPColl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 08:17 PM   #255
Holy_Kaw
Founding Member

Default Re: 2004 Open Class Shootout

Hey Mo, Truimph Beauty was indeed. High Motorcycle Art to my eye.
Old 05-05-2004, 08:57 PM   #256
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

How's it going Dale? Are you doing long haul or local stuff these days?

The Triumph was the bomb, wasn't it? I'm thinking about selling my 954 and trying to pick one up.

seeya

sportbike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 12:36 PM   #257
Holy_Kaw
Founding Member

Hey Man, Just in from back to back Fla-Cal-Fla runs. out tonight, again. That Truimph is still on my mind as well, a SPORT-tourer? I'm not sure that the 955 (or the strongly endorsed by you know who, Tuono) wouldn't be my answer to the "If you could only have one (Street) bike?" question. Kinda thinking about keeping the ZRX and adding the ZX10R here. Course the Truimph nicely splits between the two. Tuono. Decisions. Be cool to set up a Motorcycle Co-Op amoung like minded Motorcyclists. I was Soo Happy with the ZRX, now I see that there are so many cool bikes out there these days it is impractical to own them all. I'm not willing to accept that I can't ride them all! Take care
Old 05-07-2004, 09:19 AM   #258
Holy_Kaw
Founding Member

Default Re: that's it then

In reference to the "pure performance shootout", does this mean that you would actually be willing to retest the Big 4's Big 4's or some kind of combination of the previous test yet again (DON'T FORGET THE DUCK!)!? On the Street and Track!? MO's devotion and sacrifice in the pusuit of Truth is truly inspiring!
Old 05-09-2004, 11:03 AM   #259
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

Default Coda: 2004 Open Class Shootout

Motorcyclist just arrived in the mail and they ranked the 4 cylinder bikes in their 04 shootout basically the same way that MO did -- with the R1 narrowly edging out the RR. It appears as if they conducted their test basically the same way that MO did and arrived at similar conclusions. I recommend the article as it is a good read.

I've been in contact with Mitch Boehm of Motorcyclist about their test and I think that it's safe to say that they felt, as we did, that the difference between the bikes was a matter of character and that ranking them was an excruciating exercise in splitting hairs. All of the 04 literbikes are that good.

Me, I think that I may have to have that slow, heavy, last-place Triumph
sportbike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 04:16 PM   #260
Ken_Eusaukmeov
Founding Member

which one of these bikes is easiest on the nuts? I find that riding a sportbike puts pressure on the area between the ******* and the equipment. Putting pressure on this area causes impotence in people who ride bicycles, which is why i don't ride them. I don't want to be impotent, but am interested in purchasing one of these bikes since cruisers are lame. I'm sure seat padding, riding position, and the seat shape on a motorcycle determines the extent of this problem. I'm wondering which of these bikes are more friendly on the nuts for a person about 5'8". I would appreciate it if you put this type of info in all your reviews. It would make your mag that much better than the competition. Thanks. I'm serious about this.

Ken
Ken_Eusaukmeov is offline   Reply With Quote