Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 04-30-2004, 11:35 AM   #241
camfarm
Founding Member

Default Re: 2004 Open Class Shootout

Nice overall MO. First the Mid Standards, now the open class supers. Definitely my money's worth of motorcycle information.

camfarm is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-30-2004, 12:13 PM   #242
Steven_Verschoor
Registered Member

Default Well, I'm just doing this for fun now, so here goes...

Okay Professor, your grammar seems decent, but your logic is a little rusty. Let's just recall your own words. Shall we? You said...</p>

1. "It was raining here, and JAC and I wanted to see if we could start some crap on the boards.
    We did, and it was fun."</p>

2. "On several occasions I've refered to mysef as a jerk here. I can't imagine why you would take anything I say overly seriously at all."</p>

Sorry, Professor, you can't have it both ways. You can't troll for a response, then when you get one say, "Oh, you're not supposed to take me seriuosly." See, contradictory assertions. Faulty logic.</p>

Now for the bulletin board: you said...</p>
<blockquote>

"Anyone who gets upset about a bulletin board has issues man."

</blockquote>

In other words, no one is supposed to take a bulletin board seriously.
But we're not talking about just any bulletin board, are we?. We're talking about this bulletin board!</p>

So no one is supposed to take this bulletin board seriously. Did you tell Sean yet?</p>
Steven_Verschoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 12:13 PM   #243
staff
Registered Member

Default Cool Buells

Speaking of Cool Buells,

Fonzie and I fired-up the racebikes and rode them around the neighborhood coupla daz ago. I'm thinking it might be time to take them to Streets of Willow. You interested in attending?
staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 12:39 PM   #244
ewok1
Founding Member

Default Re: that's it then

I did and immediately checked hell for signs of frost.
ewok1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 01:11 PM   #245
ewok1
Founding Member

Default Re: that's it then

The tests are for the readers amusement only it seems to me. If the testers liked the Honda the best, then it must work ok. Will I be fast on it? maybe.

Match the people to your own quirks, pay yur moneys and takes yur chances.

But the Honda is heavy. It takes HRC to make it a racebike and even then it has to hussle to take second. How does it do in ama superstock? wait a second let me look. Well in superstock, the class we all ought to look at imo if we want the baddest of the bad litre bikes, we have 1, count em, 1 cbr. and it was sitting far back in the pack. I doubt its a coincidence. So as a privateer if I was anywhere close to being good enought to race a real litre bike instead of my ancient 900ss, I wouldn't buy a CBR. But I'd be glad to wobble around the track on one if they gave it to me. If you want me to get to the point, i don't blame ya. Here it is. I think you look at superstock results to determine the fastest bike around the track. If you want the best track bike of the bunch, buy the superstock winner.

As for me and my house, give me a bike I can handle that starts when I go to the garage and doesn't cost me a grand (gas and oil excluded) a year to keep on the road and I'm apickin and agrinnin.

Old 04-30-2004, 01:12 PM   #246
johnnyb
Founding Member

Default Re: Cool Buells

i might be interested in bringing out SRX in anitcipation of big CORSA MOTOCLASSICA! but i probly won't get off my butt. i have ridden old Buells around track and, i, ahh, rather ride srx i think... where did mrs buttereworth go? i waiting for next assault...
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 01:22 PM   #247
ewok1
Founding Member

Default Re: This is the best open class comparo I've seen, now you guys have forced me to bu

You didn't ask for my opinion, but here it is anyway. i really wanted to own a modern triumph. I had other bikes so i looked for a trumpet that fit a niche not filled. Turned out the speed3 was the bike. I bought a new 01. I read a pile of great reviews. I knew I liked the motor.

I hated the speed3. It was a slow turning, sluggish, and heavy p.o.s. with barely adequate brakes imo. I traded it for a sprint rs, which was oddly a bike better suited for me. i still didn't like it, so I rode it to Canada and traded it. Why Canada? Because Triumph's resale values suck in the Northwest U.S.

I think, but I am not positive that the Daytona and the speed3 share almost everything. Just thought you would like a slightly different view. So you know how to compare I now own a zx7r a gsxr600 a 900ss sp and a ktm adventure 950 with an rc51 being rebuilt from a recent unfortunate (and wholly unavoidable ) crash. I would not trade any of them for a speed3.
Old 04-30-2004, 04:03 PM   #248
kowalke67
Founding Member

Default Re: 2004 Open Class Shootout

Good review. To bad about the two bikes.

It was nice to have a liter bike comparison that included the Daytona even though it didn't stand a chance on the track against the Japanese bikes. It was still nice to see what it could do and what the advantages of owning it may be.

After reading the "that's it then" thread and some other posts I was compelled to give my 2 cents (which will has a real world value of something less than 1 cent). It reminds me how people put to much weight on the bike declared winner. Really the end rankings are almost irrelevant, especially with the quality of today's bikes. If the final ranking was that important then we could all just read the last two lines of every mag's liter bike comparo, tally up which bike got the most votes, and go buy it. It's the details of each bike that come out in a comparo that's most important. Find out the personality of each bike and see which ones a fit for your specific passions and riding needs. How else can you explain the Daytona coming in last in overall performance but being the bike some top riders would choose for the real world. It's details like that which makes it worth reading the comparo's and getting the most out of them.
Old 04-30-2004, 04:08 PM   #249
HappyBus
Founding Member

Default Re: 2004 Open Class Shootout/pulled in

This is the story that made me cough up my $11.94. Now I see what I was missing. Mpeg videos, tons of pics, and a well-rounded review to boot. Why, why was I so darn cheap before today? I may have to toss my whitewash US motorcycling magazine subscriptions, order print media from across the pond only and rely on MO for my U.S. moto fix.
HappyBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 11:42 AM   #250
mile_eater
Founding Member

Default Re: Well, I'm just doing this for fun now, so here goes...

It's not wonder Universities all over America have given up trying to teach critical thinking.

Talk about an excersize in futility...