Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 04-27-2004, 05:56 PM   #191
mile_eater
Founding Member

Default Re: Editorial Gratitude

woah!

Easy buddy! That's JohnnyB! He wasn't implying you scammed the test man. He was saying that if you had he'd understand. That ain't the same thing.

I understand that you have to be hyper-vigilant about that stuff in your biz. I would also understand if you went off after a prick like me said that.

But I didn't say it. JohnnyB did.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-27-2004, 07:07 PM   #192
fireworks
Founding Member

Default Last gasp for 995i??

To everybody that likes the Triumph, get one while you can. Triumph has decided that the current 2004 995i will be the extent of development for the forseeable future. The reason being stated is that they can't compete with MotoGP technology trickling down with the other manufactuers, so they aren't going to. Not to mention I think they are going to being pushing the 'Heritage' angle more strongly. Say hello to the future English Harley-Davidson company. You can read about it in the Feb 2004 Performance Bikes mag.

Complaints leveled by PB were crap rear brake, 'bit shoddy gearbox', and exposed wires etc. around the dash. Other than that they said pretty much the same as MO.

I think the Triumph sounds good (literally too!). It 's really really sad that a bike like the 995i is on the verge of exstinction. I hope Hinckley and company read the MO review and realize that with a bit more effort they would have a bike that I think they could sell to what has to be a growing segment. Mainly, everbody who thought it was a great road bike. With guys like Sean and Martin endorsing it, it only makes the situation worse.

"Though it's first in my heart, this is a "Superbike" class and the 955i is really more of a racy GT and because most readers are more interested in bragging rights, I am forced to vote this bike last."

I think that says it all. IMHO I think Sean should have voted with his heart, and I would have liked to see the arguments about the 995i beating the Ducati, and then defend it here! That would have been a brillant thread to read. Maybe, things have gone just a bit too far with 'sportbikes'? If you like this bike, for God's sake go get it. By the sounds of it I really doubt you'd be disappointed.

fireworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 01:21 AM   #193
ycws
Founding Member

Default Re: 2004 Open Class Shootout

Actually, the most awesome sound I *EVER* heard was from a Honda 1000VTR. Heck knows what those pipes were, but the two Ducs riding next to the thing were like non-existent. Bad-A** sound.

That's one little disappointment with the '04 'RSV: With standard pipes those Harley guys aren't going to wait @ the intersection. Thank you to whoever invented the aftermarket segment.

Here's a little unfortunate German demographics: On narrower roads the speed limit is 30k's. The houses are usually built-up right to the road and without spaces in between. Now take a V2 and ride in 1st gear at around 40. It drives the country folk mental. Just love it!!!
ycws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 09:44 AM   #194
JOE420SHMO
Founding Member

I thought that the test was very insightful and entertaining, however it ended.
JOE420SHMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 07:29 PM   #195
fireworks
Founding Member

Default Good Triumph info?

This might seem a little off topic but does anybody know of any good info sites about Triumph Daytonas? I'm looking for reliability and what not. There is only one Triumph dealer in town (on the other side of course) so I want to find out as much as possible about them.
fireworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 06:51 AM   #196
mile_eater
Founding Member

Default Re: 2004 Open Class Shootout - Those who can't do, *****.

excuses? Nah...

It was raining here, and JAC and I wanted to see if we could start some crap on the boards.

We did, and it was fun. Looks like some of you took it more seriously than others.

I didn't even bother to go back and read the stuff I was jabbering about.

But hey, you got to go off a bit, and feel like you kicked my butt? So aren't ya happy?

We emailed Sean and SBP to let them know what was up after we had some fun.

Seriously man.. whats the point in posting on a bulletin board if you aren't gonna show your butt every once in while?

We were pretty sick of seein' all the butt kissin' goin on around here with this review. One of the coolest parts of this site is the "My Bike is Better Than Yours" activity.

So anyway... Hope ya had fun. We did.

Old 04-29-2004, 06:58 AM   #197
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Good Triumph info?

Go buy one. All modern motorcycles are plenty reliable.
Old 04-29-2004, 07:00 AM   #198
JosephMW
Founding Member

Default Quite An Introduction to MO

I laid down my $11.94 so I could read this test. The fact you had the Triumph in there was the deciding factor. I had done a lot of google searches trying to find info on the '04 Daytona vs. other liter bikes and there just isn't much out there. Triumph's site is horrendous, it's as if they don't want to sell their bikes. They should consider linking to this site, although many might not be willing to pay $11.94 to read one article. That being said, I find that $11.94 is cheap insurance againt wondering whether or not I've bought the right bike. Now I feel much more comfortable the Daytona is for me.

I open up the article and immediately come across instant drama. One of my first thoughts was "What did Ducati and Suzuki have to say about this?" That appeared to go unanswered in the story, but I'm still interested.

The ***** and vinegar being spewed by so many in this thread was a huge surprise. I just don't get it. It's as if some people here think Sean and the gang had a bet on whether or not Sean could single fistedly punch the front end off a bike...while on another bike. I definitely didn't catch the tone of humor in the story that some others alluded to. It seemed more like a situation where a sports team loses one of their athletes to a tragic death before the championship match, but marches on because that guy wouldn't have wanted them to fold.

You earned my money from this test alone, so reading your past reviews on bikes and gear will just be a bonus, many thanks.
JosephMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 07:45 AM   #199
Steven_Verschoor
Registered Member

Default Re: 2004 Open Class Shootout - Those who can't do, *****.

Let's see: you won't own up to shooting your mouth off, but you will admit you were trolling.

Sounds like an excuse to me, but who knows.

Either way, you still remind me of KPAUL. You two have about the same credibility around here: zero.

(Make that "you three": you, KPAUL and JAC.)

And speeking of zero, it's too bad somebody moderated your post down already. I guess your admission will be burried in the MO archives.

Oh well, you're entitled to amuse yourself. It does not speak well of you that you should do so at the expense of MO readers.
Steven_Verschoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 08:12 AM   #200
motonut_1
Founding Member

Hmmm. Rigid and legitimate testing methodologies. Sean, just think about how easy your next shootout will be. Tie em up to the dyno, give em a run up to redline and there you go. Finito! The bike with the best numbers wins again. No need for those silly group rides. It's not important if they are comfortable or how they handle. And, best of all, no wear and tear on your body. Hell yeah.

Bring em on. Will your next comparo be on 500cc or larger scooters? Will it be considered an open class shootout?
motonut_1 is offline   Reply With Quote