Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 04-29-2004, 07:45 AM   #191
Steven_Verschoor
Founding Member

Default Re: 2004 Open Class Shootout - Those who can't do, *****.

Let's see: you won't own up to shooting your mouth off, but you will admit you were trolling.

Sounds like an excuse to me, but who knows.

Either way, you still remind me of KPAUL. You two have about the same credibility around here: zero.

(Make that "you three": you, KPAUL and JAC.)

And speeking of zero, it's too bad somebody moderated your post down already. I guess your admission will be burried in the MO archives.

Oh well, you're entitled to amuse yourself. It does not speak well of you that you should do so at the expense of MO readers.
Steven_Verschoor is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-29-2004, 08:12 AM   #192
motonut_1
Founding Member

Default Re: 2004 Open Class Shootout

Hmmm. Rigid and legitimate testing methodologies. Sean, just think about how easy your next shootout will be. Tie em up to the dyno, give em a run up to redline and there you go. Finito! The bike with the best numbers wins again. No need for those silly group rides. It's not important if they are comfortable or how they handle. And, best of all, no wear and tear on your body. Hell yeah.

Bring em on. Will your next comparo be on 500cc or larger scooters? Will it be considered an open class shootout?
motonut_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 08:18 AM   #193
motonut_1
Founding Member

Hmmm. Rigid and legitimate testing methodologies. Sean, just think about how easy your next shootout will be. Tie em up to the dyno, give em a run up to redline and there you go. Finito! The bike with the best numbers wins again. No need for those silly group rides. It's not important if they are comfortable or how they handle. And, best of all, no wear and tear on your body. Hell yeah.

Bring em on. Will your next comparo be on 500cc or larger scooters? Will it be considered an open class shootout?
motonut_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 08:59 AM   #194
johnnyb
Founding Member

Default cycle whirld Shootout

see it yet? they picked ZX10 overall winner--way fast and comfy on the street too they said.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 09:19 AM   #195
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: cycle whirld Shootout

Got my issue yesterday. hard to figure their scoring. They can weight the importance if each catagory to make any one of the 4 win. I think they just needed a new winner this year.
Old 04-29-2004, 09:37 AM   #196
johnnyb
Founding Member

What's hard to figure? most power and torque, least weight, 2nd fastest lap (after GSX-R), fastest 1/4-mile and top speed... and comfortable too. Guess it also won Roadracing World comparo. Anybody seen new Sport Rider? mine didn't show up. I respect Kent's and Trevitt's opinion a lot.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 10:02 AM   #197
fireworks
Founding Member

Here is what I remember they said. (At work, don't have copy with me)

They didn't like the new Honda damper as it got in the way at high speeds, and Kent picked the R1 as his fave ride. I think that the ZX won.

fireworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 10:10 AM   #198
fireworks
Founding Member

Default Re: Good Triumph info?

Thanks! But I still would like to know about any resources available. (e.g www.gixxer.com)
fireworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 10:23 AM   #199
DucatiRocks
Founding Member

Great article guys.

Sean, I had a similar incident where I punched the fairing of my friends motorcycle when he decided to stop in the middle of a blind turn while we were riding. Believe it or not, I was riding my first Ducati at the time, and he was on his first Suzuki, so don't throw out the possibility that there is some kind of undocumented cosmic magnetism that causes Ducs and Zukes to collide. Anyway I know how much your hand hurt and I admire you for finishing the rides.

I'm been on my second Ducati now for 3 weeks, a 999, and I was wondering if MO had any intentions of taking the 2 accident victems out in the future as a follow up to this article. My first track day is May 26th and I would love to hear your opinions and see your numbers on the 999 compared to the others.

Being that this is my first track day, your comments about the bike are more relevant than your times, but I would still like to see how she stacks up. I know I am going to be slow, but I'm patient.

Keep up the good work.
Old 04-29-2004, 10:30 AM   #200
ebass
Founding Member

Default And to think...

....you all laughed at my chrome knuckled gloves!

EBass
ebass is offline   Reply With Quote