Motorcycle Forum (
-   MO Reader Feedback (
-   -   2004 Open Class Shootout (

pdad13 04-26-2004 04:09 AM

Re: SA the Lionhearted
...animal food trough water!

ZRX_bullock 04-26-2004 04:11 AM

Re: 2004 Open Class Shootout
"Probably one of the most complete and interesting comparo's I have ever read. Fantastic job!"

I second longrides sediment; in fact this article was well worth the yearly subscription.

Keep up the great work.

mile_eater 04-26-2004 04:21 AM

Re: Whoops - My Bad!
Its remarkable that you hurl insult after insult, and avoid the point like the plague. In fact, you have yet to actually comment on our position about the stardard 'this bike is scary' review that comes out ever 2 years or so.

If all you have to say is "haha! Yer gay! haha!", or "I'm faster so I'm right", then clearly BMW's braintank comments are misplaced.

What are you 12?

Check my name Nancy. I ride a 1000f for the same reason JAC rides a zx-11. We roll for the long haul. 600 mile days are nothing.

You want to find us, we'll meet you at the Dragon. I'm sure you'll be there with your bike on a trailer.

mile_eater 04-26-2004 04:24 AM

I love this BMW stuff. I can just see him now...

"hey! I'll bet if I side with the young guys on this one, they won't make fun of me any more about my BMW! I get to be one of the gang too! Yay!"

In the great words of Johnny B...

Ummm... Is that a cast iron block?

mile_eater 04-26-2004 04:33 AM

If you want to assign yourself all the blame, then at least do so for the proper reason. Sure you should have been going slow enough to avoid the accident, and apparently you damned near did.

That wasn't where the accident started.

The accident started when you decided to bring some yahoo's allong for the ride, instead of guys who could be trusted.

I would never ride with anyone who would pull a stunt like a U-Turn in the middle of a curve. In fact, I sincerelly hope you had the good sense to beat the hell outta your brother.

I'm not gonna quibble about where to go when in a dangerous situation, because every rule is just a rule, and they don't apply to every situation.

I just think you took the wrong guys with you, and I hope you consider taking some professionals next time.

mile_eater 04-26-2004 04:36 AM

Re: If someones gotta do it..................
Minime chose that?

hrmmm.. Did he have the barrel of a firearm in his mouth when he made that choice?

dante 04-26-2004 05:00 AM

My guess... This guy is just trolling, looking for a reaction. If you bite, you just amuse him, and encourage it.

What's truly pathetic is that someone would troll on a topic that involves someone almost dying.

Buzglyd 04-26-2004 05:15 AM

Re: 2004 Open Class Shootout - Those who can't do, *****.
I wouldn't worry too much about what a couple of posters say. Those who post (myself included) represent but a fraction of the overall readership and their opinions (however lame) do not represent a large body of readers.

To add to your thoughts: I've participated in two MO comparos now and for those of you who think it's just a few guys out riding motorcycles, it's not. An incredible amount of work goes into this and as a reader for several years now, I think Sean has made the site better than ever.

Sean, thanks for making me feel slow.

Ebass, thanks for making me feel a little faster.

Martin, you'd post better lap times if you ditched that ponytail.

SeanAlexander 04-26-2004 05:16 AM

Just exactly HOW would you suggest we evaluate the backroad and canyon performance of these motorcycles? I was speeding when the accident occured, however, none of us were riding anywhere near the "limit" on the street portion of this test. Infact, when I thought that one of the guest riders we were using to help get the test units from Point A to B was riding "over his head" I sent him home mid-ride.

Do you really think there is a motorcycle journalist who doesn't speed when trying to evaluate SPORTbikes?

BMW4VWW 04-26-2004 05:25 AM

Not only is krout available on the SS Mental Instability, it is the only food served. VWW