Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 04-25-2004, 11:13 PM   #111
Betamax
Founding Member

Default Sean ain't the problem

If you're going to assign blame, at least get it right.

The one guy who is most responsible for all of this is the first rider, the moron (literally) who "got bored" waiting where he was supposed to be waiting. In any multi-bike ride, the whole point of waiting at agreed-upon points is precisely so ***** like this doesn't happen.

The second person to shoulder some of the blame, is the third rider on the GSX who decided to pull a U-turn in a blind spot. It could have been an SUV coming around the corner and plowing into him instead of another bike, with terminal results.

No doubt Sean could have been riding slower, but how many of us actually would have been riding slower in that situation? None, I'd bet.

Sean's actions therefore seem reasonable and professional, while the actions of the other two do not.

Kudos for the mea culpa and the excellent article, but those other two riders deserve to be sacked. They are directly responsible for the accident and all damages & injuries, and they are indirectly responsible for the criticism of MO's professionalism in previous posts.
Betamax is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-25-2004, 11:58 PM   #112
Nem
Founding Member

Default Re: 2004 Open Class Shootout - Those who can't do, *****.

stupid readers are stupid.

I'm surprised MO doesn't get more voluntary help in the tests. Of the people, for the people etc.

take it easy MO.
Nem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 12:06 AM   #113
YZFas
Founding Member

Default Re: For the more

Any online link abuot that test? You can email me too...
YZFas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 12:13 AM   #114
ciao
Founding Member

"Sean Alexander at the wheel is the most articulate, thoughtful, insanely fast person I've ever met"

Being insanely fast on the street is not thoughtful.

ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 02:37 AM   #115
JACIII
Founding Member

Default Re: 2004 Open Class Shootout

Easy now - next thing you know folks will be volunteering to tatoo nipples on their backs....
JACIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 02:59 AM   #116
mikes748
Founding Member

Default Re: Triumph in 8th?

After reading this, the Triumph seems like the one for me. 42,two kids, enjoy going a little slower (and safer) then I used to but still have fun at my own, new pace. My wife has authority to shoot me should I suggest buying a Gold Wing (not that there's anything wrong with them if that's what you like.. they're great bikes) My 748 becoming increasingly uncomfortable for my arthritic knees.

Now that the kids are getting old enough to leave at home for an hour on sunday morning, any idea how the Triumph works for the passenger? (Wife did some sport touring on the back of my GSXR 13 yrs ago and never complained, but she's not any younger either.)

Thanks, good write up. We all just need to read these for the info on the bikes we are interested in, not just the ranking.
mikes748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 03:22 AM   #117
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Probably one of the most complete and interesting comparo's I have ever read. Fantastic job! I probably like the Kaw ZX10 best of the bunch, but since I still have my hands full with my old ZX9, I probably won't be buying one real soon. You guys rode em and called it as you saw it. Honest opinions are hard to come by these days with the lightest and fastest always having to be the best. Sometimes they just aren't. Martin, you don't have to justify anything to some of the morons that post here. I'm sure some of the comments got your goat after putting in a lot of hard work. Most readers here appreciate your effort. As for Sean's accident, shyt happens folks. Anyone can figure out this is a dangerous hobby, and getting hurt is part of the game. Kudo's to Sean for sticking with the test and hanging in there. Heal up quick and bring us more. Let the whiners fade into the sunset. They always do. Again, this was probably the best test I have EVER seen in any print or online mag.
Old 04-26-2004, 03:38 AM   #118
seruzawa
The Toad

Where do you buy that krout you love so much?

Is it available when you board on the SS Mental Instability?
Old 04-26-2004, 03:40 AM   #119
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Sean ain't the problem

We said. I totally agree with you.

I hear you've terrorized minivans on VFRs in the past.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 04:02 AM   #120
pdad13
Founding Member

Default Re: Sean ain't the problem

Here, here.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote