Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 04-20-2004, 08:13 AM   #31
Tigercub
Founding Member

Default Re: Reality tv

I agree to a point. The bikes they build don't pull my trigger. But, having built (rebuilt) a few bikes in the past I am very impressed that they can throw one of these things together in 10 days and ride it in front of the camera. It ain't that easy, let alone making what looks like a comfortable living doing it.
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-20-2004, 08:18 AM   #32
Tigercub
Founding Member

Default Re: EBass does Marin

I've done your ride on old British iron, sport bike and Harley (Electraglide) and I actually remember having the most fun on the Harley. I think it has something to do with the fact that I feel fast on the Harley. I can scrape the pegs without any drama on the FLHS. The better handling bikes just reveal that they can be ridden harder than I can ride them - at least on that car clogged road.
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 08:24 AM   #33
naco_traficante
Registered Member

Default Milk and Honey

I always thought the expression was "Fruits and Nuts" but that's probably just a rumor.

naco_traficante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 08:33 AM   #34
ebass
Founding Member

Default Re: I'm Miffed!

Gabe,

You don't even remotely resemble a mountain maid, hence, were not on my wish list at the time, but thanks for being miffed. I'm touched!

EBass
ebass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 08:50 AM   #35
electraglider_1997
Registered Member

Default 10 days

Maybe once in awhile, but they are taking more time than that on most.
electraglider_1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 09:13 AM   #36
SRMark
Founding Member

The R-6 would indeed have been a good choice for those roads but you had the stones to hustle a Road King through the tight and twisted. I've seen snake paths that were wider and straighter. I tip my hat in your general direction. You sure do live within reach of some beautiful country. Well written.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 09:28 AM   #37
ValkBandit
Registered Member

Default damn you, ebass

damn you for telling southern california about the primo roads and scenery we have here in the north. i can foresee a lemming-stream of sportbike hacks rocketing up the coast on their squid missiles to partake in our mountains and canyons.

aye, 'tis true. there are no moto roads better than those in and around the bay area. it is heaven.

nice write up; nice departure from unsprung weight and rear-wheel torque. a good refresher on why (and how) we REALLY ride.
ValkBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 09:38 AM   #38
Steven_Verschoor
Registered Member

Be patient, Mile Eater. Sean and the MOrons are killing themselves to bring you the open-class comparo. (Well, seriously injuring themselves, at least.)</p>

I never guessed that moto journalism could be such hard work until I saw it with my own eyes.</p>

Sportbike Pilot is right: No magazine editor ever worked as hard or overcame as many obstacles as Sean Alexander did in putting together this year's shootout.</p>
Steven_Verschoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 10:05 AM   #39
ebass
Founding Member

Default SA's blood, sweat, and twisted gears

To say that SA would have run over his own mother to bring you this open class comparo would be a slight exaggeration. His brother on the other hand....
ebass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 11:44 AM   #40
drenton
Founding Member

Default Horrible!! Bass report.

I generally weigh in against the moaning minnies on this site, for whom an article can never be right....but now I am one myself.

I dont want to read travel stories on this site!!

I can get them elsewhere (everyone go to pashnit.com, and see what I mean, with regards to california)

We are having a very dry spell on this site, in particular for the cruiser folks.

Urghh!!!
drenton is offline   Reply With Quote