Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 04-19-2004, 04:53 PM   #11
Nplateau
Founding Member

Default Re: EBass does Marin

Man on man, I sure as hell miss the Bay Area. Though I can't really blame you, I wish you took more pictures. How lucky are we in California? Truly, the land of Milk and Honey.
Nplateau is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-19-2004, 06:05 PM   #12
F451
Founding Member

Default Yossef does Benelli 1130 TNT Naked?

When is Yossef going to pack is girlfriend's g-string (although we all suspect it is really Yossef's attire that he's utilizing in a tactil way to bring new meaning to the term "seat-of-the-pants" riding or he's really a G-String Diva) and plant his arse on the new Benelli 1130 TNT naked for a MO-RE-VU? Also can Yossef please equip his canine, Roadkill Kippie, with the camcorder backpack harness so that he can leap out of the hairpin turns to record the tire scrub? Yossef will have a place to pack a year's worth of g-strings as panniers will be a Benelli factory option. Ride Yossef, ride!
F451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 06:26 PM   #13
ebass
Founding Member

Default Hey barkeep! ...

...I'll have whatever the hell F451 is drinkin'. And make it a double!!!
ebass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 06:53 PM   #14
HobbleFoot
Founding Member

You know the saying, "If I have to explain it to you, you wouldn't understand." I saw the pictures, I understand.
HobbleFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 07:07 PM   #15
allbikesbiker
Registered Member

Every year I visit my sister in Belmont, then travel up to visit friends in Sebastapol. I've driven up from the SFO airport with a rented auto, passing through the very towns you've described.

I've always wondered what the back roads would hold. Now I have a better idea.

Every time I return home, I contemplate renting a Glide on my next trip and take the coast up to Sebastapol.

After this article, I may finally take the plunge and spend the bucks.

Thank you for a very picturesque story.

although.. maybe an R6 would be better!!
allbikesbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 03:19 AM   #16
ValknMag
Founding Member

"Man on man, I sure as hell miss the Bay Area."

Joke, typo, or Freudian slip?
ValknMag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 04:20 AM   #17
mile_eater
Founding Member

Yeah yeah, whatever....

Say boys, it's dang near May and I don't see a litre bike shootout.

In fact, I haven't heard crap about the litre backs since the first impression articles. Once in a blue moon 3 manufactures have redesigns in the class that are this significant.

A little frickin' coverage would be nice.

Old 04-20-2004, 04:24 AM   #18
mile_eater
Founding Member

Oh, and just so you know I'm not ejaculating prematurely:

The previous two open-class shoot-outs were posted on April 6th, and April 5th.

Old 04-20-2004, 04:48 AM   #19
aknopak
Founding Member

Ok, here goes. The Kwak is the meanest of them all, wild power everywhere, extremely small, all in all a bit too much for the street. Way too much actually. As an option a tank for your brain can be fitted for after the accident (for the ALLCAPS types).

The Honda is the most planted, but it doesn't feel half as fast, even though you may actually go fastest on it. It's ugly though, not very comfortable, even relatively speaking, and it has a bad gearbox.

The GSXR is the most suitable for the street, most useable power and it's actually the most comfortable as well (relatively speaking), but it's last year's news and ugly too.

Finally the R1. It's overstyled to a rather tasteless spaceship like contraption, but most people actually think that's good thing. It is the most rounded package. Needs to be revved though, relatively speaking.

All in all, there's a bit of a dichometry in the four bikes. One the one hand we have the R1 and the GSXR which are clearly more comfortable than the other two. Yet the GSXR and the CBRRR are the most userfriendly on the street, the GSXR has the most useful torque, the CBRR is the most planted bike.

Conclusion: none of these bikes even remotely appeal to me.

Some random objections:

1. You can't even legally run any of them through the first gear on the street, let alone the other five

2. You need a chiropractor on the passenger seat to make rides of longer than 30 minutes possible

3. Realistically, no one would ever want to be your passenger (chiropractors aren't crazy, what were you thinking)

If you have get one of them, get the ZX10R, at least it has the highest poser value and it looks better than the others.

aknopak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 04:51 AM   #20
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

Default Re: Open Class Shootout

The ambitious open class shootout that MO is preparing will exceed, by a wide margin, what's been done here before. It will also exceed that of any of the print mags if it proceeds along the trajectory it was taking when I last took a peek. Sean and Fonzie are working hard on this as we speak. It will have been worth the wait when you see it.

No magazine editor ever worked as hard or overcame as many obstacles as Sean Alexander did in putting together this year's shootout but the resulting piece will be a keeper. I'm not saying that you won't be disappointed because, truthfully, at least from these posts, you sound like a pain in the butt, but most everyone else will like it a lot I think.

sportbike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote