Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 03-31-2004, 12:12 PM   #71
Istamulada
Founding Member

Default Re: Middleweight Standards Comparo

Fun to dsee a comparo that is not only about sheer horspower, track performance or torque monsters...it's refreshing. Nice job guys...It's funny how many people discarded the Honda immediatly when it was introduced and gave the victory to Yamaha. At the time it seemed logical, but now it's the proof that what is on paper stays on paper, and that there is nothing like a good review to help choose a bike...

As for me, it well be a black 599 please
Istamulada is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-31-2004, 12:12 PM   #72
seruzawa
The Toad

It's hard to tell what the problem is. The original post is too cryptic. Just a gratuitous slam that resulted in another gratuitous slam so the squidlies are expressing their upset with longride with, you guessed it, yet more gratuitous slams.

Apparently MO is supposed to exclusively limit itself to an unending round robin of comparos of the squidly approved dozen or so race replicas. Bikes like in this test are a waste of time since they don't get 100+ hp, I guess.

Or he's just disappointed because they left out the VFR and Concours. Who knows?

Actually, this test sucks because they didn't include a Benelli Tornado! I want one! God, it's gorgeous! Too pricey though. It's now a dead heat between a Speed Triple and a Falco for me.
Old 03-31-2004, 12:15 PM   #73
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

Default Re: Karate?

Ok, ok you called me on hyperbole. Dammit. It was supposed to be a polite metaphor for saying that you looked like someone not to be trifled with - without sounding like a wuss.

Anyway my point was that it would have been a 4 - way melee for the Speed 4 and the Hornet on the MO parking lot if we'd done it WWF style and I was just sizing up the competition, sort of like an NFL pre-game show, for everyone else.

cheers

sportbike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 12:16 PM   #74
anrajala
Founding Member

The moral winner is the Harley. That's the only middleweight that is 40% heavier than the rest.

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 12:24 PM   #75
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

Default Re: Tammy is EBass' girlfriend?

I just horked up an entire Dr. Pepper through my nose.
sportbike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 12:32 PM   #76
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

While longride's reply may have been a little brusque, his point is quite valid. Incase you hadn't noticed this site is aimed at a broad spectrum of motorcycling interests. Just because this particular piece didn't pique your interest, sniveling like a petulant child is unbecoming of someone who ostensibly can read and write without help. The article in question featured the viewpoints of riders of differing abilities, and was well written and quite informative for those that may be interested in buying one of these machines. I seriously doubt that you will find anything better, or even as good in any other publication. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 01:19 PM   #77
sarnali
Founding Member

Didn't you read the piece about Aprilia going tits-up? you could get one and have an instant collector, or you could hi-thee to the Triumph dealer and find out just how good they are these days.

'Course I'm a little biased, but I'd suggest the later. That 599 sounds like a damn good deal too..........
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 01:46 PM   #78
fuzzyjim
Registered Member

nicely put anrajala,

not only is it twice as big, it ain't no standard either.

so, do we then put, say, an R1150RT in with a sportbike test?
fuzzyjim is offline   Reply With Quote