Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 04-07-2004, 06:34 AM   #211
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Couldn't agree more.

That would be silver and black geezer glide to you!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-07-2004, 06:41 AM   #212
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

Default Re: Middleweight Standards Comparo

The YZF600R doesn't need any validation in a mag to make it a great motorcycle in my book (though Motorcyclist has been consistently effusive in it's praise of this bike). If I had to make do with a single motorcycle for everything it would be one of my top three contenders.

And it's always been a lot of fun watching Fastrack instructors smoke the field on bone stock YZF600R's on track days. Imagine how crestfallen the inexperienced riders on their shiney new Gixxer 1k's must feel.

sportbike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 06:45 AM   #213
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

Is the black for flash, greater poser factor, or gangsta.

You aren't gonna hurt me, are you?

Old 04-07-2004, 07:08 AM   #214
Buzglyd
Founding Member

I was thinking about ripping your arms off and beating you with them but then I decided we could just go for a nice ride.
Old 04-07-2004, 09:30 AM   #215
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

See how you are? Help, help, I'm being oppressed......

So why aren't you joining us tomorrow and Friday on the literbikes??
Old 04-07-2004, 09:59 AM   #216
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Tomorrow is Good Friday so I'll be dodging lightening bolts in church.

I've not ridden any of the latest litre bikes so a track day test is probably not the best place to start. I hear 40 year old bones break more easily.
Old 04-09-2004, 03:10 PM   #217
rags23
Registered Member

Default Re: State Farm...

IF they make a 450 motard version, I most probably trade in my F4i (:
rags23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 03:27 PM   #218
shady28
Founding Member

I bought a DL650 in the first week of March. I've been riding for about 14 years now, and this is easily the best bike for me. I ride my bikes almost every day - to and from work- and usually take a couple of long tours per year (like 1000+ mile tours). I usually put 10-12k / yr on a bike. With gas prices continuing to spike up, I'm finding myself riding more and more.

My last bike was a 99 ZRX1100, a great bike with oodles of torque and a superb commuter. My main problem there was that it was a poor touring rig. I also often found myself wanting something that could take the gravel side roads here in Tx with aplomb. The DL650 fits all my needs and does it with incredible competence that I really didn't expect. Wind protection is superb. I'm pretty sure I can run through twisties faster on the DL650 than I could on the ZRX; this bike makes it easy, maybe too easy. By far the most flickable, most comfortable, most flexible, and most stable, and most fun motorcycle I've ever owned.

shady28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 09:32 AM   #219
Woody650
Founding Member

Default Re: VStrom Vs SV

Eh...if the 599 was in this comparo the standard SV should have been.....neither compare the VStrom in terms of creature comforts, but the 599 was included nonetheless.
Woody650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 10:23 PM   #220
hawkinziii
Founding Member

I agree wholeheartedly that the FZ-6 is tops in the looks department, but I think Yamaha missed the boat in regard to what people who buy "naked" bikes are looking for. By all reports, the FZ-6 has a very peaky powerband, and if you're willing to put up with that, perhaps a full-on crotch rocket would be a better choice. (At least then you'd get the handling to go with the toggle-switch powerband.)

As far as the last place vote for the Ninja 500 from Fonzie goes, I have a theory there as well. The Ninja costs at least 50% less than any other bike in the comparo, therefore it must be 50% worse, right?

Seriously, though, I can recommend the EX unreservedly, having just bought one myself.

What's not to like? Sub-$5000 MSRP, great

handling (so long as it's not compared to canyon-carvers costing twice as much), 50-odd MPG, and 12-second quarter-miles. Now if I can just get this damned break-in period done....
hawkinziii is offline   Reply With Quote