Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/)
-   -   Middleweight Standards Comparo (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/2365-middleweight-standards-comparo.html)

sarnali 04-01-2004 09:24 AM

Re: waaay down to 60 LOL

Try a polar-tec fleece pull-over, thats all I wear over a T shirt, plus my JR ballistic 4.0 jacket and pants combo. It was 39 and foggy this morning and I was nice and toasty, 'course if you've got an electric vest why not use it.

You have to realize refrences to cold when you live in So. Cal. don't go over too well in the mid west. Up here in Washington State we figure if it's not snowing it's OK to ride. I actually got caught twice riding home in the snow this year but it wasn't much fun.

Kind of a Rugged Manly Northwesterner Mud Check kinda' thing ya' know ..... ride anyway 'cause it'll probably turn to rain before long.........

SeanAlexander 04-01-2004 09:31 AM

Re: Great story guys!

The 1200 and 883 weight almost exactly the same. However, power wise, the 1200 falls right into the middle of this group, while the 883 would have been at the bottom of the HP pile, while still being the heaviest bike in the test.

sarnali 04-01-2004 09:39 AM

Re: Middleweight Standards Comparo

Find a Triumph Trophy 1200, that's what I did.

518lbs give or take, 108hp and 78 lb/ft torque, full fairing and bags, trunk available, "near" sportbike handling and acceleration, reliable as a brick and durn handsome to look at, all for $11,900. MSRP. There's left over '02's and a few '03's to be found.

Mine has proven to be the best bike out of the few dozen that I've owned, If I had the money I'd buy another one to ride after this one wears out in 300K miles or so.

SeanAlexander 04-01-2004 09:46 AM

Re: hillbilly business

My "Purse" contains the video camera that takes all the cool clips. It also contains the still camera that takes the higher quality photos that you see (when I let Fonzie use it). I'll gladly wear that purse while riding, if it means I can capture full motion video, souns, and high-res photos. Besides, i tell myself it's really a shrunk-down "Messenger Bag".

sarnali 04-01-2004 09:50 AM

Re: State Farm...

I hear that, I pay more for my '00 Venture Kiddie-hauler than my Triumph, If you have all your insurance thru State Farm they're actually pretty competitive. I looked into Progressive and the one Rider magazine offers and S.F. was still at least as good, if not better, plus my agent's a hottie so it's always nice to see her.

Bluestring 04-01-2004 10:40 AM

Re: What, no Thruxton?

Here, here. I want to see a Bonneville vs Sportster 1200R comparo. Kind of a battle of the updated classics. The Thruxton would work too.

BMW4VWW 04-01-2004 10:48 AM

Re: Grumpy has lost it - again

Apparently so, I just wasn't able to get a "read" on when he was boarding the SS Mental Instability. VWW

RKosztya 04-01-2004 10:58 AM

Re: hillbilly business

Sorry. Did not mean for my sarcasm to offend.