Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 03-17-2004, 09:12 AM   #31
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: But if you had to pick just one....

That depends on which bike and which person, or can you trade off now and then?
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-17-2004, 09:19 AM   #32
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: MO Interviews the Real CHiPs

Yeah, someone has to ride those POS's
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 10:48 AM   #33
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: But if you had to pick just one....

You mean we could like ride to Seattle and then trade off and shoot KPaul?
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 10:53 AM   #34
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: I've got a photo for ya

LOL

My passenger was a girl from Mexico City. The ride consisted of tropical downpours, slippery construction zones and drug checkpoints. We rolled up on one and I told her to ask the guy if I could have a picture. I hopped off the bike and put my arm around him and she snapped the photo.

Our snorkeling equipment was in the side compartments so we explored a few nice beaches. I still kick myself for not riding all the way to Belize.

I was just a young lad of 32 so what the hell did I know?
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 12:20 PM   #35
EdgyDrifter
Founding Member

Some departments are not as cavalier about officer protection as the CHP seems to be. Up here in Portland, Schuberth helmets and Langlitz jackets are standard gear. Of course, we aren't as close to the sun as LA is.

Initially at least, there was a bit of resistance to the Schuberths. Some officers felt that the act of flipping up the faceshield would be dangerous since one hand would be occupied and their vision would be distracted for a moment. Consensus seems to be building on the force, though, that the benefits outweigh the perils since I very infrequently see any of the motorcycle cops riding with their faceshields up anymore.

I, too, wonder why manufacturers aren't tripping over themselves to market warm-weather protective gear to these departments. Maybe they are, but have yet to find a receptive audience within the procurement bureaucracy.
EdgyDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 12:38 PM   #36
anrajala
Founding Member

I was driving -86 M-B 420 SE on an autobahn. On a hard acceleration 4 gear autobox threw in the 4th gear at 200 km/h on the meter. Sweet.

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 06:09 PM   #39
MrCrashHappy
Founding Member

Default I think it depends on the LEO.

Around Alexandria, VA I wave at all the motoLEOs and they usually wave back. I know a lot of them by sight. Every now and then, as I'm passing a dismounted officer holding a revenue collection device, I'll get the "slow it down, tiger" signal. I was actually nailed once, but it was a school zone and I deserved it. On the other hand, most of my favorite hooning routes are in Fairfax County. As near as I can determine, virtually all of the county cops, judges, prosecuters, bureaucrats, and administrative types suffer from corn cob in the nether regions syndrome. All except that paragon of law enforcement, Officer R*#x!@&?. He's just the sweetest little thing in the whole wide world.
MrCrashHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 09:57 PM   #40
pplassm
Founding Member

They have tried. IIRC, Aerostich makes a law enforcement suit, but had no takers.