Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 03-08-2004, 10:31 PM   #71
rookie947
Founding Member

Default Re: 2004 Ducati ST3

Nice bike, but for serious touring, I'm still not ready to give up my ST1100 Hondapotamus...........with shaft drive
rookie947 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-11-2004, 09:27 AM   #72
paladin80n
Founding Member

After years of riding BMWs, Harley Davidsons, etc., I am very close to purchasing a new ST3. I am not enamored with the styling, however it does have improved wind protection and ergonomics. I have waited for years to purchase a Ducati model designed for long distance travel and do not have enough life span left to until Ducati hires a new designer. The part I am very concerned about the rumors of metal filings in the cases. Does anyone have any more information on this problem?

I do believe if Ducati continues down the path of bad design, poor management and build quality issues, it will not survive the decade. I hope they improve and prosper because it would be very sad this brand were lost to motorcycling.
paladin80n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 07:19 AM   #73
83XLH1000
Registered Member

A metal filing (a really tiny piece) locked my ST2 shift drum so solidly that the mechanic almost couldn't get it apart. I was stuck in second gear and limped home. To their enormous credit, Ducati backed the repair even though the bike was several months out of warranty.

I would like to know if Yossef was using electrics during his 75 minutes at near freezing temps. The ST2 fairing does nothing for the hands and mine are beyond feeling after about half an hour in those conditions.

Of course, nobody will see this because I'm about 4 months late. Whatever.

Bill
83XLH1000 is offline   Reply With Quote