Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 03-05-2004, 11:51 AM   #51
TatdNPrcd
Founding Member

Default Re: Sacrilege!

I didn't know you had a Harley too, sarnali. Pretty much have to own one to know that trick. Loc-tite and Duct tape is all I need to get home. Well that and some extra oil. ;-}
TatdNPrcd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-05-2004, 11:52 AM   #52
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Now now gentlemen

Darn it! You're right I wish they all DID ride Connie's.

Then they might be able to keep up with my Triumph as I disappear over the horizon.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 03:49 PM   #53
seruzawa
The Toad

He, like me, used to own a Shovelhead. We're very aware of the necessity for saddlebags full of 50/60W oil, Locktite, safety wire, duct tape, vise grips, voltage regulators, pistons, rings........ etc.
Old 03-06-2004, 04:46 AM   #55
schizuki
Founding Member

Default Re: 2004 Ducati ST3

Dear Ducati-

I know we live in the era of globalization. I know we live in the era of multiculturalism, when all cultures are equally respected and their uniqueness appreciated (although, ironically, we're still not supposed to stereotype.)

While I can accept that you are owned by a bunch of (shudder!) Texans, I can no longer accept your continued employment of a South African stylist of apparently (skin crawl!) French descent.

Pierre Terblanche is a disaster as a stylist. His continued employment can only be explained by the arrogant twaddle he spews about design theory. Like a modern architect who builds monstrosities and then brushes off the criticisms of the "uneducated", Terblanche uses design jargon and modernist bullsh!t buzzwords to cow the weak-minded (i.e., "Motorcyclist" and "Cycle World" staffers) into accepting his unintegrated, overdone, and just plain ugly bikes as "fresh" and "daring" and colloborating with him in telling us that if we don't like it, we just don't "get" it.

Your most iconic design is the 916. It was designed by Massimo Tamburini (who went on to design the stunning MV Agusta F4). Your second-most iconic design, equally a landmark, is the Monster, your best seller. It was designed by Miguel Galluzzi. You need to hire an Italian who understands beauty, and dump the transplanted Frenchman who only understands sucking Gauloises and blowing hot air.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 06:30 AM   #56
seruzawa
The Toad

What? You don't appreciate how superior the modern glass slab rectangle is to older stuff like the Chrysler or Empire State buildings? I'll bet that you don't think that a crucifix in a jar of urine is art either.

You just don't get it!

Seriously. Everything has become inverted when the prettiest sportbike style around is built by Yamaha and Ducatis look like they've been soundly thrashed with an ugly stick.
Old 03-06-2004, 08:54 AM   #57
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Now ya only WISH you had a Shovelhead!
Old 03-06-2004, 09:57 AM   #58
maladg
Registered Member

The comments on building design remind me of an old episode of the Simpsons...Lisa says "Lets go to the Walter Groepius (sp?? - heck..I KNOW I spelled it wrong and I can't find my cc of Tom Wolfe's "From Bauhaus to Our House") exhibit" and Homer replies "NO...think of the long lines!"

Moral of the story: stick to what you really, really don't know much about...

Under the catagory "Oddly Enough", Ducati saw fit to place a mannequin in the seat of the only ST-3 -at least the only one I saw - at the ATL CW Bike Show. ????

The lack of clear thinking and careless presentations at those and local shows never ceases to amaze.

Nice review. Ducati seems to be moving closer to producing some real world machines without losing too much of what makes them so interesting. Keep em coming - new Ducatis and reviews!
maladg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 01:55 PM   #59
supecoop
Founding Member

Default Yossef Works?

He gets to ride all the latest bikes on great roads, go to Euopean tracks, has a girlfriend who rides along AND takes photos. I thought he was independently wealthy, not a working commuter. Anyway great writeup. But the ST3 is expensive to fit into the "easy to live with" category.
supecoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 03:45 AM   #60
sarnali
Founding Member

I've just about managed to pick up enough parts off the side of the road to build another one,

now was it .018 on the points and .025 on the plugs or the other way around?
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote