Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 03-05-2004, 07:11 AM   #31
kowalke67
Founding Member

Default Re: 2004 Ducati ST3

I've been quoted prices of $10,500 for the ST3. With tax, title, license, "set-up", around $12,200. Okay, not cheap but less than what you pay for Beemers, Aprilia's, etc. One thing this review should have stated is the new ST3 is $1000 cheaper than the ST2 when it was originally introduced in 1998 (I think it was 199.

Can't argue with you, the style could/should be better. But, I think for bikes considered "rolling art" you pay way more. Price an MV AGUSTA F4 Strada. Super model looks, super model price (near $19 g's). Same goes for the Brutal. The Duc's considered art are all well over $12 g's. Aprilia Tuno's, same deal. Probably the best price/beauty/performance blend is the new R1.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-05-2004, 07:13 AM   #32
nweaver
Founding Member

Default Re: Uhhh, look at your TTLs

Your changeover to short ttls occured at/after the move, because the 1week cache got picked up just before the change, on at least TWO sites that I use, with independant DNS servers.

Sorry, only today has it resorved itself.

nweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 07:15 AM   #33
nweaver
Founding Member

Default But "Nice Girls" can look better...

Look at both the Futura, the VFR 800i, and the VFR-VTEC. They all look vastly better, over the whole bike.

The VFR 800i has this curvey kinda retro-future look going for it, while the Futura and VFR-VTEC has the angular look, as unifying design themes.

nweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 07:18 AM   #34
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Sacrilege!

You are dangerously skirting the edge of apostacy. Lightning strikes the heretics who deny the self-evident perfection of the Divinely Inspired Concours.

Besides. You may need someone to bring a Concours along on the Alaska trip. Someone's got to bring up the rear and gather up all those GeezerGlide parts for you and longride to bolt back on each evening.

Maybe we could attach some outriggers with nets to scoop up the bouncing parts.
Old 03-05-2004, 07:22 AM   #35
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Plus the Concours guy could entertain us in the evening by constantly telling us what a "good value" the Connie is. Once his hands stop tingling he may even be able to hold a beer!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 07:26 AM   #36
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Fix the freakin hard bag mounts next time, Ducati!

Click on Ducati and then Sport Tour I think and it will have the parts he offers.

I installed helibars and a sargent seat. Both are good purchases.

I've got one of those laminar lip things which seem to help smooth the airflow.

When I bought the bike the suspension had already been re-worked by PPS and it had the Forza (Feracci) pipes and chip.

I need a new chain and I think I'm going to put one of those lightweight aluminum clutches on it since the stocker is about toast at 20,000 miles.
Old 03-05-2004, 07:29 AM   #37
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: But

The Ducati is half angular and half curvey.

Check out the aftermarket headlight upgrade at www.ducatidesigns.com

I think it's a much better look.
Old 03-05-2004, 08:02 AM   #38
rsheidler
Founding Member

Good thought, but I doubt that the Connie's bags are large enough to hold all the loose parts! Maybe if you fit a sidecar as well?
rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 09:27 AM   #39
ValkBandit
Registered Member

Default how does it compare to the VFR?

it's a cool bike, no doubt, but how does it compare to the VFR? that's the benchmark as far as i'm concerned.
ValkBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 10:09 AM   #40
sarnali
Founding Member

Maybe seruzawa can stash some parts in his Suzuki's ammo-can milk-crate combo luggage set.

Really all we need to do is use the Connie to pull a trailer with a paint sprayer full of red Lock-tite and spray the baggers down every evening. That should hold them together.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote