Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 03-04-2004, 07:50 PM   #21
staff
Registered Member

Default Re: Uhhh, look at your TTLs

TTL for the past 24 days: 30m20s

That's extremely low. Rediculously so.

A half hour too high? Before that, 1week, but the DNS changed over three weeks ago, which means you're most likely looking at a caching DNS server and thinking it's real-time...
staff is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-05-2004, 03:08 AM   #22
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

Default Re: Note to Ducati: Styling of new ST and 999 SUCK

kpaul would consider buying a Twin? Are not I-4's the only "good" motorcycle engine? What about the price/performance Ratio? Is this a sign of the Apocalypse? BTW, thanks again Yossef.
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 03:18 AM   #23
Mooner
Founding Member

Default Re: 2004 Ducati ST3

I guess everybody doesn't like the front end! I don't love it, but it's not THAT bad. Agree about it looking like a cross between a VFR (older one) and a Kawi (ZX-9 maybe?). Remember though, Yossef's whole point was that it is not a supermodel, it's a nice girl you can take home to mom. Any way, I've got 93 n/m of torque at almost 69 lb-ft. My Viffer has the 100 or so horsies, but that extra torque would sure be nice! Curious guys, this price difference thing, how do the mentioned bikes compare in price in Europe (or the rest of the world for that matter)?

Thanks Yossef, for another wonderful report.

-Andy
Mooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 04:06 AM   #24
SparkyBlue
Founding Member

If Ducati is listening...good. They have lost their minds with their latest styling attempts for the ST(yawn) and Superbike(yuck) models. The mechanics may be better, but the looks suck. Yea, I know pretty is as pretty does, but that is not quite enough for me. I'll wait until they fix it. In the meantime my R1100S works very well.
SparkyBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 04:12 AM   #25
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Samsonite!

Those are beauties aren't they?
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 04:43 AM   #26
nokneedragin
Founding Member

Default but Bulletproof

even if they lack some aesthetics
nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 04:46 AM   #27
TatdNPrcd
Founding Member

Default R U ready for the Boxer Cup on Sat?

I have a picture on my wall at work of a yellow R1100S. Looks like a wasp ready to sting. The only thing cooler than seeing one on the road is watching the head bangin' action at Daytona.

Why would you want a Duc, Sparky? Well they are pretty quick... nevermind.
TatdNPrcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 05:41 AM   #28
kowalke67
Founding Member

In this case maybe so. I am going to demo ride one tomorrow. The only reason I am seriously considering an ST3 is because of the practical functionallity added. It was the uncomfortable seat & riding position, not so strong engine (ST2), and- although better looking- poor fairing that turned me off on the old ST's. I'd just go buy an all out liter class sportbike as opposed to buying the former ST (same lack of comfort but gobs more power and handling). Now the ST3, like most Duc's, performs well above average in the engine, suspension, and frame but it also is easy to "live with". For me, I get the best of both worlds. A good sport bike performance but also a bike than can be ridden in comfort and, even if not the prettiest Duc, has more style than an FJR, ST1300, Sprint, Futura, etc. (obviously just my opinion and I'm not knocking those bikes because they are great bikes). And, it still has that great Ducati note. Hey, sometimes the less attractive girls provide the best, er..., ride.</p>

Maybe the bottom line is whatever floats your boat, to each his own, etc. I'm just glad we have so many quality bikes to choose from these days.</p>
Old 03-05-2004, 05:45 AM   #29
kowalke67
Founding Member

Great review. I've been waiting for this review for a month from all the motorcycle mag's. This is what people need who are considering a bike. Three days or more and in different riding environments. The other major mag's I've looked at only put in a half-day or day on the ST3 and didn't cover all the riding style's Yossef covered. I am seriously considering an ST3 and this article gave me the exact information I was looking for where the others I read left me asking "but what about...".</p>

Good job.</p>
Old 03-05-2004, 05:55 AM   #30
kowalke67
Founding Member

Default Re: Fix the freakin hard bag mounts next time, Ducati!

I can't seem to find the pic or product on the site. Under the Duc button and ST4?

Good suggestion. Any other mod's you have or suggest on your bike?