Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 03-04-2004, 06:44 AM   #11
Fangit
Founding Member

Default Fix the freakin hard bag mounts next time, Ducati!

They changed the ugly headlight...that was a good move...but why oh why didn't they fix the obvious fault - the exhaust and hard bag mounts!!! The ST series NEEDS underseat exhausts and unobtrusive hardbag mounts ala R1100S, Aprilia Futura and VFR.

The ST series bag mounts look so cheap and ugly with hard bags removed. Sure they can be removed but who wants to spend all that time with tools, relocating indicators, etc every time you remove the bags!!! Poor effort Ducati!
Fangit is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-04-2004, 06:45 AM   #12
nokneedragin
Founding Member

Default Re: 2004 Ducati ST3

Sound like a bike to keep on the A list when I go looking for my next purchase....but....

What is with the styling, first the 999, then the uglystrada, now a blandified ST. Ducati needs to get on the ball with the styling. They are putting out great bikes, but have lost the flair that used to grab you, stop you in your tracks, and stop your heart.

My $0.02, but I can't see paying a premium and not getting a rolling peice of art, and a great bike all in one.
nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 06:53 AM   #13
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Fix the freakin hard bag mounts next time, Ducati!

The hard bag mounts are certainly unattractive. You can solve the turn signal relocation problem by intalling a fender eliminator kit. www.evoluzione.net (that's my bike in the picture).

It takes me about 15 minutes to remove the brackets and relocate the pipes.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 08:23 AM   #14
elpresidente
Founding Member

Has anyone ever suggested to MO.com to bury a bloody microphone out of the wind. They have all this great video, but unbearable wind noise in every video.

We're talking dollars and cents here! Jeez! We'd like to hear the Duc. Look into it, there's nothing to it.

Good review BTW. Even though it seemed your site was down for a while (with no explanation)
elpresidente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 09:34 AM   #15
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Our site was not down. Our IP addresses were changed and your DNS server didn't propagate with the new address in a timely fashion. About 90% of our readers had no interruption in access, because their internet providers use modern DNS servers. As for "no explanation" please look at the news posting from Sunday, Feb 29th, explaining that we were moving and upgrading.
Old 03-04-2004, 10:31 AM   #16
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Yeah well what about the microphone!

If our servers propagate with each other will they be forced to wear Hot Fudge Flavored Condoms?
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 10:43 AM   #17
nweaver
Founding Member

Default Uhhh, look at your TTLs

Looking at the TTLs, you have (or had) an ungodly-high TTL set for www.motorcycle.com and motorcycle.com. Thus it hasn't propigated, even over a period of days.

nweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 02:59 PM   #18
staff
Founding Member

If you had 90 days left and you resubscribed, you'll have 365+90 days on your account. Please check the homepage -- it tells you how many days you have left -- and let us know.
staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 04:41 PM   #19
jkofsky
Founding Member

I know it's a rehash of a previous comment. But why can't I have it (or a Tuono, Caponord, Multistrada...) with ABS?

(And as long as I'm a sissy about riding in street conditions without, when will BMW put the 100 HP mill in the full line, not just the GS1200?)
jkofsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 08:50 PM   #20
staff
Founding Member

Default Re: Uhhh, look at your TTLs

TTL for the past 24 days: 30m20s

That's extremely low. Rediculously so.

A half hour too high? Before that, 1week, but the DNS changed over three weeks ago, which means you're most likely looking at a caching DNS server and thinking it's real-time...
staff is offline   Reply With Quote