Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 02-29-2004, 05:38 AM   #11
billhawley
Founding Member

Default Re: Home is where the Hog is

Great Sunday morning read. Thanks for allowing us to vicariously share in your trip and experiences (and allowing us to picture Annie and the others in our own mind's eye -- we just insert our own personal visions of our own "Annie and friends"; the special people we'll remember for a lifetime, and every time after we've met them, when we see a welcoming fire on a very cold night.)

There, enough of that, it's off to the Adult store for some Hot Fudge condoms.

billhawley is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-29-2004, 09:27 AM   #12
vfr44
Founding Member

Default Re: Hog vs. VFR

Gee this sounds like more fun than the short tour I took last summer up to the Aerostich "Boring Rally" on my VFR wearing my Aerostich. A trip that turned out to be actually rather boring except for the few curves and Duluth freeway/interstate sweepers on the trip up and back. The preseason football game on the motel TV was engrossing tho.

Maybe clothes and bike do make the man - any thoughts from SV and Connie riders.

Gotta go check e-bay for a bargain RK and renew my AYH membership.

W

vfr44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2004, 10:25 AM   #13
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

The bottom of the condom machine said "Don't buy this gum, it tastes like rubber"
Old 02-29-2004, 10:29 AM   #14
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Traveling and meeting people should never be this much fun EB. Cold there you say? I did many a Daytona run from Chicago that ended in snow. riding when it's snowing has to be the worst. As long as the white stuff isn't coming down, just keep them pistons pumpin'. Nice article. The trip desperately needed one thing. Me!
Old 02-29-2004, 07:49 PM   #15
wwalkersd
Founding Member

Hmm. California boy on a Road King freezing his parts off in Flagstaff. That sounds soooo familiar.... oh, wait, it was me. Did a spring trip out to New Mexico, stopped in Flagstaff on the way home, saw the Grand Canyon, had a good steak in a little dive restaurant, and went to bed. Got up for an early start the next morning only to discover that the overnight low was 20 degrees and it was still there. We put on everything we had (which wasn't much) and set out. We made it one exit west on I40, stopped at a coffee shop and asked if we could sit on the grill for a while. I think we stayed there an hour and a half. Live and learn.
wwalkersd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 10:03 AM   #16
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

That can't be nearly as bad as riding in Seattle, y'know...

There's nothing like hitting a patch of ice on a motorcycle to put the fear of God (and cold, hard pavement) in you.
Old 03-01-2004, 12:17 PM   #17
Agent0090
Founding Member

Hitting a patch of diesel fuel comes pretty close. And you can do that in any season!

Agent0090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 02:16 PM   #18
wwalkersd
Founding Member

I should perhaps at that just a few days earlier, at the start of the trip, we had hit temps of 103 in Pheonix. All this in April.
wwalkersd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 08:42 AM   #19
electraglider_1997
Registered Member

Default Good read, finally.

electraglider_1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 11:03 AM   #20
nokneedragin
Founding Member

Reminded me of when I was just west of the Badlands heading up to Billings and hit a rain storm with the temp plumeting to the 20's. We pulled over and put every bit of gear on, but we did not have any winter gloves.

Man it sucked, but the memories were worth it.

By the way, when did H.D. get rid of the reserve in the tank? I never understood why any of the bike manufacturers would sell a bike without a fuel reserve system of some type (and I ain't talkin no freakin idiot light or gas guage).
nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote