Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 02-18-2004, 12:50 AM   #1
Betamax
Founding Member

Default Re: 2004 Yamaha R1

first post!

I dunno how the R1 will shape up in a comparo; from the review, seems it might not be quite as trick as the RR or ZX10, but at least it's got the others beat for looks. That's the sexiest looking bike I've ever seen without the name Ducati on it.

Kudos to Yamaha for building it.
Betamax is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-18-2004, 02:02 AM   #2
Orangetrak
Registered Member

100 mph in 1st gear?!? Is that common for liter bikes? Geez, shorter gearing might be in order. And, I count a 2k increase in redline, not 3k as listed unless redline went up tp 14.7k. .....Looks good though.....

Orangetrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 03:22 AM   #3
waepoint
Founding Member

This new R1 is all-day sexy, but will she respect me in the morning? No, probably not ...
waepoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 03:22 AM   #4
SRMark
Founding Member

Boy are you younger MO readers gonna be pist when your body can no longer fold up to fit on one of these great sport bikes. All I can do is watch, but some times that is enough. (Don't feel too sad for me, I have a nice collection of bikes and still ride quite bit. I just can't ride sport bikes.) Well done Yamaha. And if you readers think you might want one, just go do it. The clock keeps ticking.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 03:57 AM   #5
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

That thing sounds Awesome getting under 2nd? in hauling ass. I still prefer the look of the ZX (of course) but am seriously looking forward to the comparo. I'd be Sooooo glad to "help" on that test. Give me a call (collect)for that Older, Heavier, but still "Speed Freak" perspective. These are great days to be a motorcyclist/ motorcycle enthusiast! High Ho, High Ho, it's off to Daytona I go!
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 03:59 AM   #6
RonXX
Founding Member

Good Lord that bike is incredible! Too bad I won't be able to afford insurance for one until I'm 40 years old. But by then, bikes will be powered by the earth's magnetic field anyway.
RonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 04:02 AM   #7
Mooner
Founding Member

You know, I used to think I wanted a Litre bike for my next street bike. The problem is they keep making them better looking, but they are starting to scare the bejesus out of me! 180 HP and under 400 lbs is becoming the standard. Yikes! I am not one to complain about too much power, and I probably wouldn't complain too much were I to ride one (the grin would most likely be too big to talk). God help me if I actually get a chance to get on one. The "worlds most perfect motorcycle (VFR)", just may go by the wayside (either it or me).
Mooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 05:48 AM   #8
Anti-ChickenStrip
Founding Member

Default Cool Videos....

I don't know, the racetrack videos are always way fun to watch, but they just don't seem to get my blood boiling like the road footage.

I think it is safe to say that the majority of us spend 90% of our riding time on the street, so seeing a bike ridden in that environment is more connected to reality and thus, more invigorating for me.

Don't know about anyone else, but it is also great watching Sean in action....very smoooottthhhhhh.
Anti-ChickenStrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 05:49 AM   #9
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

Great review Sean, but to what euphemistic/scatalogical/vernacularistic image does

"hole-hog" pay homage? Do I detect an intent beyond mere alliteration? A Freudian malapropism perhaps??? Is this the journalistic equivalent of a bare tit corrupting our innocent sensibilities with sexual images out of context for a motorcycle review? I noticed that you did invoke sexual references in this piece. I'm gonna complain to the minister of my church (Oh, wait - that would be me )

Now I am beginning to understand your nom de guerre. You really are the filthiest person I have ever met.

sbp

sportbike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 05:59 AM   #10
SRMark
Founding Member

You owe me for the price of one Curad. I spent so much time looking up all those big words in the dictionary that I ended up with a bad paper cut. Would a scatalogical malapropism be a malapoopism?
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote