Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/)
-   -   2004 Yamaha R1 (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/2329-2004-yamaha-r1.html)

sarnali 02-19-2004 07:04 AM

Re: obligatory response;

We have our share of hotties too, and between here and Alaska is a whole raft of fine lookin' B.C. hotties, not to mention Alaska's crop. All that cool air and skiing keeps them fit.

But you'll see for yourself if your rattle-trap bagger makes it this far.........

Buzglyd 02-19-2004 07:06 AM

Alaska's crop?

The men out number the women about 100 to 1.

In Alaska they say, "you don't lose your girl, you just lose your turn."

sarnali 02-19-2004 07:10 AM

Re: If ?

Hell yeah I'm up for it.... We can all meet up at my house and gargle some Fosters while you and Buzz work over your baggers,

I'll run up to Home Depot and buy a case of Loc-Tite for ya'

johnnyb 02-19-2004 07:36 AM

BACON!

It's not just for breakfast anymore. what the hell r u people talking about?

seruzawa 02-19-2004 07:41 AM

Don't you keep a lot of Loctite on hand for yer Trumpet?

Triumph should offer a Bonneville Nostalgia Special. It would come with all the nuts and bolts safetywired and a color matched drip pan to put under the engine. The speedo should say you are going 20% faster than you actually are (when it's working at all).

A nice touch would be special tickling valves so you can spill gas all over your engine. Though for safety reasons the bike could come with pre-discolored engine cases under the faux-Amal monoblocs instead.

I'm still looking forward to (hopefully) picking up a Speed Triple this year. I'd better lay in a supply of Loctite and spare pistons right now.

kawazuki 02-19-2004 07:47 AM

Re: 2004 Yamaha R1

Hey, you live in Sandy Eggo?

I just got a job there. I start monday, so I'm moving this weekend.

Sadly, there's no time to arrange for motorcycle transport, since I'm just moving in my car, so at some point I'm going to have to fly back and ride the bike out. Darn. :)

If I weren't waiting for parts for my bike for the Road Star transmission recall, I might just ship all of my crap UPS and ride just the bike out. That'd be a good way to limit the amount of schmutz I bring with me.

Well, so hey. We should meet up some time, and you can intro me to all the other SD MOrons.

-Ogre / Kawazuki

kawazuki 02-19-2004 07:52 AM

Re: Damn you, MO!

I volunteer to test-ride Ms. Holmes.

-Kawazuki

Buzglyd 02-19-2004 07:53 AM

Re: BACON!

I've made plenty of references to the Burger Barn during your tenure here.

It's about the types who show up with a tankbag full of statistics from the latest motomags to prove their rice burner is better than anything on the planet.

I can't remember the name but doesn't LA or Orange county have a burger joint where squids gather on Wednesday nights?

sarnali 02-19-2004 08:45 AM

Speed Triples kick butt, that and the Thunderbird Sport model.

I went bike looking with a friend of mine yesterday, He's looking for a Valk. but I was checking out the SV1000's, looks like a whole lotta' fun. I might have to add that to my list as well.

We also checked out an '04 fuel injected FXDX at the HD shop for 15K out the door, Too bad I'm tapped on vehicale payments right now.......