Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 02-12-2004, 07:09 AM   #11
wrecks
Founding Member

Default Re: 2004 Suzuki GSX-R 600 Track Test

Really enjoy your writing, Yossef.

Definitely an impressive motorcycle. Will it be considered the dog of the 600 class in about 4 years when everyone else has 126.5 horsepower?
wrecks is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-12-2004, 07:16 AM   #12
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Which bike you will go faster on is the one you are most comfortable with regardless of year, design, or horsepower ratings. Going faster isn't about twisting the throttle harder. It's about how the bike handles with YOU riding it. That differs greatly from person to person. What Rossi likes and what you can handle are probably much different. I always hate to bring this up, but Keith Code related that his students were stuck at the same speeds for many years even after the technology advances in tires, chassis, and suspension should have had them going 2 seconds faster per lap. So, to answer your question about which one I would do better on, is I would probably be exactly the same on both. This would be especially true on a tight course, where the HP advantage would never show it's face.
Old 02-12-2004, 07:23 AM   #13
layback
Founding Member

Me too..... I want one real bad, Anyone wanna help me start a new race team? All we need is a wealthy motorcycle nut willing to help a little...
layback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 07:26 AM   #14
zorak
Founding Member

Totally agree about Suzuki styling. I think GSX-Rs have been the ugly duckling for awhile now.

This 600 is a beauty though, but so are the R6 and 636. Really, other than the Honda, they all look stunning this year!

I just want to know how bad are the ergonomics for street use. I'm 5'11" and the Suzuki looks sweet on paper, but the voice of reason in my head keeps telling me to get something more sensible like a Speed Four/Speed Triple or a ZRX. As a daily commuter the GSX-R might really suck. I guess it's all about compromises...
zorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 08:01 AM   #15
aknopak
Founding Member

Ah, yes, you hit the huge hole in the tarmac there... Good lap considering the potholes and puddles and all!

aknopak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 08:02 AM   #16
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default How cool is this?

A 600 sportbike test on KP's expiration day!

Of course if NPlateau keeps popping up we'll know he didn't really quit.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 08:11 AM   #17
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: How cool is this?

That guy isn't going anywhere. He figured he wore out the KPaul name, so he will re-invent himself and be right back. Notice we haven't seen BrokenLink lately?? LOL
Old 02-12-2004, 08:48 AM   #18
burtonsimmons
Founding Member

Begs the question, "Why commute on a GSX-R?" For all practical purposes you'd never be able to exploit that 16K RPM redline, nor the peak power in day-to-day traffic...

The Triumph Speed-Four, however, has been noted for its ergonomics, it's street-usable power, and it's uniqueness. Not only it a more sensible option, it's also got the "cool" factor, since you won't see them parked on every street corner. They also run (for a 2k4) around $6500.

Your call. The "mystique and allure" of a killer 600 Suzuki, or the fun usability of a stately Triumph.
burtonsimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 08:56 AM   #19
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: How cool is this?

Nah. It ain't NPlateau. He's basically a rational guy.

I propose that we take advantage of our shortlived freedom. I propose we all pop open a beer (or whatever beverage one desires) precisely at 8PM MST. Factor in your time zone. We should all be someplace where we could have a moment of celebration at that time. I'm going on a snowmobile trip for a few days so I'll be able to revel in this freedom until Tuesday.

I'm sure it'll have come crashing down by then.

He's lurking..... his fingers are twitching..... little screams are piping from his throat.... resistance is crumbling....

One more thing. Today's link.
Old 02-12-2004, 09:05 AM   #20
Founding Member

don't forget about the new gsxr-750. it will offer the best of both worlds (near liter bike power and the handling of a 600).
1K is offline   Reply With Quote