Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 02-07-2004, 08:02 AM   #51
EbonFlame
Founding Member

Default johhny's all over the boards!

Yeah, burnsie, we know your game.

er, what is it, exactly?

EbonFlame is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-07-2004, 03:03 PM   #52
ekimtoor
Founding Member

Default Re: 2004 CBR 1000RR Street Test

Neat bike! Nice story!

...but how's it compare to the SV650?
ekimtoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 04:53 PM   #53
Nplateau
Founding Member

Much more favorably than it does against the Ninja 250, which simply blows it out of the water.

Seriously.
Nplateau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 05:30 PM   #54
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

The Open Class Shootout should be VERY interesting this year. I haven't heard much about the new R1 yet but I'm sure it will be in there. The Honda sounds sweet. The Suzuki has set the standard for years. As a Kawasaki fan I am pulling for the ZX10R. Of course I have no doubt that all the new Open Class bikes are FAR beyond my abilities but can think of no reason to change my philosophy of TOO MUCH IS NOT ENOUGH! It is a GREAT time to be a Motorcycle Enthusiast!
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 07:44 PM   #55
Nplateau
Founding Member

Default Where were you faster Sean?

You looked like you were going faster in the video where you were giving us the Peace sign even though the other video said "Fast." What were your approximate speeds and what gear did you take those turns in? The bike looks amazing, and the fact that you would even take your hand off the clip-on during such a fast bend speaks volumes for the bikes stability.
Old 02-09-2004, 06:17 AM   #56
ZRX_bullock
Founding Member

We all have been waiting for MO, BIKE or any of the other Brit magazines to do this comparison of these inline 4's. How about adding two very competent Italian V-Twins; Aprilia Mille and Ducati 999 to the mix?
Old 02-09-2004, 09:19 AM   #57
thebat
Founding Member

So who proof reads this stuff. C'mon.."Extreme foreword packaging". Drop the 'e' sonny. Also, using "origami" to describe a motorcycles comparative lines is dredging for description. Use a little more diction and less imagination.

While the Honda may just be an excellent motorcycle, some of these write-ups leave me wanting. Yeah, wanting better writing!. Less flair, more hair.
thebat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 10:38 AM   #58
monsters4
Registered Member

When I try to see the Vid, all I get is MPEG sound. can anyone help
monsters4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 11:50 AM   #59
Nplateau
Founding Member

Default Bat Outta Hell

Come on! This is just an online motorcycle mag! I understand what you mean by wanting more substance and less style, but let's not cramp a moto-journalist's poetic freedom. Sure, poetic-freedom works both ways, and we're often left with more crap than eloquent material, but if we want eloquence maybe we should look elsewhere. All I want from these guys are honest, timely reviews. If they (the journos) decide to add their personality to the article (as it seems to be the popular thing to do) then it's just fine by me. Who am I to impinge on anyone's attempt at creativity.

As a struggling screenwriter/poet, I understand the difficulty of writing good material. It's far easier to say than it is to do. Looking at motorcycle journalism, it seems as if motorcycles and the experience of riding them has been described in just about everyway possible. Most articles in some way or another end up regurgitating cliches, so when Sean decides to use "origami" in his description, it doesn't really bother me.

If you really want a good read, pick up anything by John Steinbeck. My personal favorite would be "East of Eden."

If you want some good reading that is in some way motorcycle related, pick up Robert Pirsig's "The Art of Motorcycle Maintenance." Look well enough, and you can find it for free on the internet.

In the meantime, lighten up.
Old 02-09-2004, 12:16 PM   #60
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Re: Where were you faster Sean?

I was going about 10MPH faster in the two-handed video, the apparent speed difference is due to the photographer being at a different distance for the two shots. I will not tell you my exact speed, as I am invoking my 5th Ammendment rights.