Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 02-05-2004, 08:16 PM   #11
saaz
Registered Member

Default Re: 2004 CBR 1000RR Street Test

Motorcyclenews in the UK has already done the comparison. I think for some years the bikes are better than most rides on roads..tracks are a totally different kettle of fish.
saaz is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-05-2004, 11:05 PM   #12
bigredr1
Founding Member

Price, call me crazy, but I can't find a price anywhere!
bigredr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 01:03 AM   #13
jaffaboy
Founding Member

Well - The most amazing thing is that You actually managed to test-ride a honda without thrashing it... At least not on tape, that is. No knee-dragging pictures (As of yet) - sounds and reads like a relatively civilized review (As opposed to getting baby v-strom out in the canyons), as civilized as this bike seems to be...

Job well done.

Can't wait for the track comparo.

Oh, and JB - If you don't have 12$ for MO subscription, why would you want to read about a 10000$ machine?

Food for thought, from the other JB.
jaffaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 03:15 AM   #14
anrajala
Founding Member

"Feels faster" my backside. My perennial project bike -72 H2 kawi "feels faster" than either of these two - and it does it without barely exceeding the legal speeds

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 03:42 AM   #15
SRMark
Founding Member

I'm getting too old to be able to ride that bike fast enough to tell if it is as good as you say. But my eyes still work. Honda has now made a sport bike that looks better than the current sportiest Ducati. Hell may now commence to freeze over. ( And I dearly love Ducatis.)
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 03:42 AM   #16
anrajala
Founding Member

I have three things to say:

1) Although I am a cruiser man to the bones, it really got to me watching the dyno run and hearing the screaming engine. Maybe there is something in this plastic acne whiney sportsbike scenario after all?

2) superimposing the Gicksers dyno curves on this one, it still Gicks the arse wiiiideee through the rev range.

3) Why does'nt MO introduce, apart from pics and vids, also a good quality (192 kbps) MP3 sound clip on a dyno run that I could blow through my stereo on those lonely saturday nights when the family has already gone to sleep and the neighbors have reached their REM II stage?

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 04:26 AM   #17
gbrummett
Founding Member

Sean,

You hit the nail square on the head when you said "Not a wiggle." and "the overwhelming impression is one of stability and confidence."

This one area that let's you go to and stay at your personal limit makes any given rider on the street that much faster then any of the competition regardless of something that's just a little faster in the tests.

Well written and right on the money I look forward to seeing your 2004 Open Class Sportbike war test!!

gbrummett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 04:28 AM   #18
r1der
Founding Member

My subscription expires today, so I may re-up - good review.

Please keep in mind, I have never had the oppourtunity to test ride a sportbike. I need more information on things like how smooth and glitch-free the FI is and how much driveline lash is present. As a track day addict, these things are more inportant to me than dyno plots.

Nice start, a few more details would really make the review first rate!

Cheers,

Don
r1der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 05:02 AM   #19
tumbler
Founding Member

Default Re: What happened to the mighty V-Twin RC51?

I'll reserve judgment till I see E. Bostrom on a factory supported Ducati this season.
tumbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 06:17 AM   #20
travisyoung
Founding Member

But is it as good as a 'busa on dirt?
travisyoung is offline   Reply With Quote