Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 01-30-2004, 09:26 AM   #11
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: no kidding

"I got so excited I wanted to mount the bags that night"

I know how you feel, I've mounted my share of bags
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-30-2004, 09:39 AM   #12
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Givi's Were My Choice

I looked into GIVI's for my Bandit after I saw a color matched set on a V-Strom. I decided to buy a bike with factory bags instead, but I thought the GIVI's were much better than the Corbins, I didn't like the small opening and permanent mount set-up, and they stick out too far. I thought the GIVI's looked ok, and they were at least well thought out.

The factory bags and trunk on my Triumph will hold two gallons of milk, two fat bags of miscellaneous grocery's and an 18 pack of Coors longnecks with room to spare.
Old 01-30-2004, 09:45 AM   #13
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Corbin Beetle Bags Install & Review

The price of the 103" kit isn't much. After you get the heads ported, new lifters, pushrods, cams with gear drive, Fueling oil pump, and new exhaust, plus the cost of a mechanic and dyno tune, you are out quite a few bucks Buz!. Just do the Scottsman II head work, 95" SE kit with flattop pistons, Cometic .030 head gasket and TW55 cams and call it a day. Easy 90/100 power and reliable. Get with it man!
Old 01-30-2004, 09:56 AM   #14
Buzglyd
Founding Member

I saw that in the new Power and Performance issue. Looks like a pretty good option.

My neighbor just opened a shop and I can basically get anything in the H-D catalog at wholesale.

I've already got the 203 cam with 88" I'm 75/86 as it sits now and she runs fine but you know we "Harley guys" can't stop screwing with 'em.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 09:57 AM   #15
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Have you considered a trike?

Derrick might want to get the inside of his pants sprayed with that as well in case she drops it a third time.
Old 01-30-2004, 10:02 AM   #16
sarnali
Founding Member

Well gee, you could spend that money on a 10 year old GSXR and run away and hide from any Harley ever built.
Old 01-30-2004, 10:19 AM   #17
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Yeah but when I got where I was going I'd have to be seen on a 10 year old GSXR!
Old 01-30-2004, 10:42 AM   #18
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Yeah, but

If you stripped all the plastic off it, added projector beam headlights and upright bars you'd be at the cutting edge off euro-streetfighter chic

Naughty hotties would be begging you for rides, squids would avert their gaze in awe of your total cool factor, The geezer-glide and Ducati would move aside to allow the Suzuki it's rightful place of honor in the garage @ chataue Buzglyd, .........THE HIGHWAYMAN.......would want to challange you to a manly contest of Greco-Roman wrestling...(well, you probably wouldn't want that)

but the rest of it would be cool !
Old 01-30-2004, 10:45 AM   #19
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Not a comment befitting an honorary member of the GPTB. I have a mind to have KPaul revoke your membership rights! If you persist, I will also have ZRX Bullshyt, or whatever his name is, formally remove you from the 7 Dwarves list and you shall be forever banished from these honors. You are treading on thin ice here!
Old 01-30-2004, 10:45 AM   #20
TatdNPrcd
Founding Member

Default Re: Have you considered a trike?

lol... She sold it a couple years ago so I'm safe.

The RoadGlide went down once when she hit a patch of loose gravel pulling into a Taco Bell. By the time I got parked and back to her she had it picked up and was getting ready to start it. Those highway bars are great. She can pick that big sucker up easier than any of the bikes she had before except for the VLX.
TatdNPrcd is offline   Reply With Quote