Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/)
-   -   XRs Gone Wild! (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/2302-xrs-gone-wild.html)

pplassm 01-23-2004 02:20 AM

Ummm.

Some of the pictures are *not* of XR's.

maladg 01-23-2004 03:19 AM

Re: XRs Gone Wild!

Normally I don't even notice Harleys anymore. Like Yogi said, "nobody goes there anymore..too crowded". But this article caught my eye and attention. The XR bikes have such a fine, clean and timeless look.

Want to make a Harley look dumb & fat..take the 18" rear off and put a chubbo 16" on. To complete the cluess look, then add a skinny 21" ft...you will be fully ready for the "form never follows function crowd. Ahhhh, reality forces the race bikes to do the right thing.

Thanks for the memories - again it reminds me of a time not so long ago when the only question was not what you rode...the only question was: "H or CH?"

maladg 01-23-2004 03:24 AM

And if you don't know the difference between an H or CH one of the following has to be true:1. You are not a Harley guy which is OK. 2. You are not up on Harley history..again OK. 3. You are younger and H or CH is like asking if you have spats for your shoes - again OK. 4. You are KPaul again off the subject - this time parroting crap from the Haughty French Looking John Effing Kerry. This is NOT OK. This is just dumb - and rude.

TatdNPrcd 01-23-2004 04:08 AM

Now that's just funny.

sarnali 01-23-2004 06:15 AM

Well I had an H and a CH, the H was alot easier on my Knee. It also had progressive shocks, 18inch rear and 19inch front Conti. blitz's and a fat leather seat for my then skinny butt.

I put flat track bars and drag pipes on it and basicaly had the time of my life.

adaleb 01-23-2004 06:26 AM

Re: An Interesting Idea how to save manufacturing jobs in the United States

You don't really believe John Kerry do you?

BobW 01-23-2004 07:18 AM

Nice bikes. But here is the real question: Why is Olympia beer like making love in a canoe?

Buzglyd 01-23-2004 07:21 AM

Because it's f**cking close to water.

jkofsky 01-23-2004 07:53 AM

I'm with you Buzzy - What was jumping a Banana-seated bike with playing cards clothespinned to the spokes without pretending to be Evel Kneivel?

Would have been like stepping to the plate without pretending to be Micky Mantle!

seruzawa 01-23-2004 09:00 AM

No you didn't...

..cause you were on a Sportster. Just ask all the experts who've never ridden one.

I had an XLX with heads flowed by Jerry Branch, S&S carb, etc. My friend on his GPZ750 was always upset that he couldn't pull away from me when we'd go out on some of our tighter canyon roads. Another friend on an FJ1200 was always behind us.

Oh I'm sorry. Couldn't have happened. It would be sacrilege.

Sportsters can be a real ball.