Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/)
-   -   Kawasaki Vulcan 2000 (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/2295-kawasaki-vulcan-2000-a.html)

KPaulCook 01-16-2004 08:45 PM

Re: Kawasaki Vulcan 2000

One word comes to mind obese.

This is kind of a sympton of an increasing overweight population, the baby boomers. Make sure you bring your lipitor, glucophage, and your insulin cause this is a bike with Type 2 diabetes.

Nice review great pictures and opinions. Nice to see a cruiser rider with a full-face helmet

Blue_Are1 01-16-2004 08:49 PM

That thing weigh's like twice as much as my YZF-R1! Do they make them this heavy on purpose?

Tip it over and your going to need a small army to get back upright.

If I were to buy a cruiser I would go for the Rocket III, more power and less weight than the V2K.

1947EL 01-17-2004 01:08 AM

"The belt final drive is a first for Kawasaki " Are you forgetting the KZ 450 LTD that pioneered belt drive on Kawasaki's? It had the old trapezoidal tooth belt drive that worked quite well with the 450's limited horsepower.

BobW 01-17-2004 01:11 AM

I'll wait for the movie to come out.

maxriderdon 01-17-2004 01:15 AM

Seems to me this bike is the average cruiser guy's dream. Big...Powerful...And I am sure with the right pipes it will scare folks off the street. I'm being serious here folks. Seems like that is what most...not all cuiser guy's want, something to make them look bad. Also, I must say this bike is pretty neat. Nice power right off the floor. Why should you have to buy a bike and then go right back and have to take off a bunch of new just paid for parts only to buy more parts and pray the tuner knows what he is doing to get descent power? If my arms and legs were a little longer I would consider this bike. Good job Kawasaki!

SuperBill 01-17-2004 01:56 AM

Beautiful bike, but I still don't get it. Must be me. Maybe I should borrow a friend's heavy cruiser and spend a few quality days getting to know the breed. Anyway, thanks for the article - well written & informative.

ekimtoor 01-17-2004 02:31 AM

well, I was gonna say sumthin....but jus forget it.

I'll go back to scratchin' my head over this wierd, giant motorcycle.

JLWarrior 01-17-2004 03:25 AM

Man, you guys just don't understand us cruiser types. If I didn't just buy my Warrior last year, I'd snap one of these bad boys up.

Big motor? check

Big fat back tire? check

Belt drive? check

Blowing off Hardleys? check.....

Great review, and thanks for the Dyno run videos! BTW, the right seat and handebars made my Warrior all day comfy.....

seruzawa 01-17-2004 03:30 AM

This test is simply one big elaborate troll to try to bring the Highwayman back, isn't it?

Actually, the Vulcan doesn't seem any worse in dimension than the GoldWing. Don't see a lot of compalint about that behemoth. Apparently the Vulcan'll make a practical touring bike.

Sportbikes slowly getting smaller and excluding taller riders. Cruisers slowly getting bigger and wider and excluding shorter riders. Take it to its absurd extreme and the future belongs to Naked Standards.

I can deal with that.

macmanjim 01-17-2004 03:41 AM

It's too heavy and too expensive. I would like to know how a company that makes such powerful bikes, like the ZX-12 and light and powerful like the ZX-10, come out with a behemoth like this and it can't even crack 100 HP with 2 litres? I mean it weighs almost as much as 2 ZX-10s and costs more, and it's old technology. As far as cruisers and performance go, Harley got it right with the V-Rod, although too expensive. I can find better ways to spend my money.