Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 01-18-2004, 07:07 AM   #51
F451
Founding Member

Default Re: Too Little, Too Late...

You don't get it...most people don't. Oh well.
F451 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-18-2004, 07:21 AM   #52
F451
Founding Member

I have not ridden it--yet. I have sat on it, started it up and personally for me the weight is not an issue. The sound is great. BUT, that's not the point. The point is that the ICON is the American V-Twin. An icon so ingrained for what it has become that it has spurred thousands of aftermarket vendors, allowing the H-D owner to make their H-D his or her own. Now let's look at the Japanese aftermarket...you have Baron's (who is very good) and a few others. If what helps to make and to keep the American V-Twin what it is, is (in a major part) the aftermarket vendor, then the Japanese still will remain behind.

And to further elaborate...it is not an American thing versus a Japanese thing. It's about who dominates the V-Twin market whether people like it or not. So if 2000 owners think they are getting a better deal, a better bike, a better value only to try to pull one over on the H-D owner then they have wasted their time. Again, H-D owners don't give a damn.
Old 01-18-2004, 07:33 AM   #53
F451
Founding Member

Default MO Photography

I did want to say how much I enjoyed the excellent photography of this article. Who took the photographs? I would to see photographer credits listed in upcoming articles.
Old 01-18-2004, 07:45 AM   #54
seruzawa
The Toad

Well said. Ragging on HD owners because of "old technology" or price or whatever is as futile as ragging on people who drive '57 Chevy's, Deuce Coupes or Mercedes 190SLs. The people who drive these things don't give a hoot that the Lexus is all "new tech".

For long trips 2-up I like my GSX-G just fine. But a vibrating clattering whirring old ironhead Sportster or a pulsing old BMW R69 puts as big a grin on my face every time.

And that's what it's all about.. the grinning. Not some futile oneupsmanship about whose tech is better than whose or who got a better deal.
Old 01-18-2004, 07:50 AM   #55
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Who pissed in your cheerios?

And what's a brobdignagian?

I didn't say Goldwings were the best thing since beer for breakfast, I just said they were quicker than you'd expect for such a big bike. My idea of the perfect bike is my Triumph or GSX1100 or Bandit or something along those lines. I'd like to see Suzuki bring the GSX1400 over here also.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 10:49 AM   #56
maccasmark
Founding Member

Default Re: Kawasaki Vulcan 2000

I'm 6'3" and ride a CBR600F4i with no problems at all.

I've also test ridden the CBR600RR, CBR954 & SP2 at the track, and didn't find any of them to be the least bit cramped.

The only sports bike I've found too small is the R6.

You're probably just not used to the sports bike position. I tour with mates who ride a Triumph Sprint ST and a Ducati ST2, and we all last about the same distance before needed a break.
maccasmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 11:03 AM   #57
wrecks
Founding Member

Default Re:Wrong ......HIGHWAYMAN........

I have to agree about the standards... Once the DUke 990 hits the market people will start to abandon their crotch rockets. The market will snowball.
wrecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 11:06 AM   #58
wrecks
Founding Member

Default Re: Who pissed in your cheerios?

And Honda can bring the cb1300
Old 01-18-2004, 11:09 AM   #59
wrecks
Founding Member

Default Re: Kawasaki Vulcan 2000

Actually from a parts and labor standpoint, those suburbans really only cost chevy about 4 grand to make. That doesn't cover the fixed costs though.
Old 01-18-2004, 11:16 AM   #60
wrecks
Founding Member

I had some grins over the holidays racing some xr50's on the ice. 3/4 pissed.