Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 01-17-2004, 02:58 PM   #31
macmanjim
Founding Member

Default Re: Kawasaki Vulcan 2000

Oh yeah,m the V2k is too expensive and way to heavy, even for a guy like me. They should have put it on a diet like the Warrior. I would also have made the engine less under square, with bore dimensions around 108 mm, so the readline would be closer to 6-6500. This would have put the rear wheel horse power in the 105-110 range. Look at jesse james' rendition of the VTX.

2009 R1200RT

My Motorrad
macmanjim is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-17-2004, 03:38 PM   #32
BrokenLink
Founding Member

Default Quit insulting baby boomers

Look we made it through assassinations, wars, and political scandals. Now we have the money and we are spending it kid. Your generation will have your day in the sun soon enough. This baby boomer thing is getting old.
BrokenLink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2004, 04:10 PM   #33
nomad76
Founding Member

Default Friggin' HUGE

Hefted one at the Cycle World show. Bigger'n'Bigfoot!

With the Rocket III on its way, I think displacement is the substitute of the Speed Wars of the '90s.
nomad76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2004, 08:02 PM   #34
KPaulCook
Banned

Default KPAUL THE GREAT MOTORCYCLE PROPHET IS RIGHT AGAIN

Thank you seruzawa for proving that the prophecies of the great KPaul have come true again. Some months back the great KPaul predicted that Naked Standards would be the next thing. Please check the archives longride, Buz and others who doubt the great KPaul. Longride why do doubt the great KPaul? Someday you will acknowledge my greatness

KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2004, 10:21 PM   #35
MrDeadeye
Founding Member

Default Re: KPAUL THE GREAT MOTORCYCLE PROPHET IS RIGHT AGAIN

KPaul watch out! I think a hacker has hijacked your MO login and is posting idiotic comments in your name. Look at the post above if you need proof. Better change your login password today!
MrDeadeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2004, 11:11 PM   #36
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

Nice article, thanks. My moneys on Tony. Still want to see the Jankoff v. Rodman cage match.
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 02:30 AM   #37
rock06r
Founding Member

I don't think that's necessarily true. Ask any girl (i.e. my girlfriend) that's been into bikes for 10 years or more and they'll all tell you that sportbikes are being made for tall people. She's had trouble finding a new bike that she can fit on....the seat heights have simply gotten too tall. We finally settled on a 1994 Ducati 900ss, it was one of just a handful of bikes we found that she could easily fit on. When magazines publish the ergo data (i.e. specifically the seat height) of a new bike, they *always* forget to measure the height of the seat once someone actually sits on the darn thing. The rear spring compresses, and surprise, it's *never* the same height as what is published in all the magazines and the manufacturers website. I think it's borderline laziness on the part of reviewers.
rock06r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 02:36 AM   #38
rock06r
Founding Member

Default Re: Too Little, Too Late...

"too borrowed"? That's almost funny. Hogs "borrow" from the 1940's. Nothing like paying 21st century prices for 18th century technology.

Also, I agree with your statement that a comparison between a Harley and this bike is sad. There is no comparison. Harleys can't compete with this bike. Take a Harley that costs twice as much and compare it to this bike, and in EVERY category this bike will beat it. Well, maybe except for price. The Harley will easily win that one.
rock06r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 03:17 AM   #39
seruzawa
The Toad

Maybe. But anyone who likes to ride twisty roads would be well advised to avoid a Goldwing as well.
Old 01-18-2004, 03:30 AM   #40
seruzawa
The Toad

Well, I'm 6' and although I don't mind doing pushups on occasion I'm not really enthusiatic about being held in a weird contortionate position for hours on end. It's too bad because when the CBR954's went real cheap a few months back I checked out the possibility of picking one up. They're just too uncomfortable. I don't like the feeling that my Shoei is preceding the front tire.

So, if sportbikes are becoming too uncomfortable for both taller and shorter riders...... gonna eventually hurt those sales numbers.... oops, it already does.