Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 01-13-2004, 01:25 PM   #1
caseyheilman
Founding Member

Default Re: Brutale VIDEOS please!

Gosh, this has inspired me to renew my SUBscription! PSST- if you don't have the videos, don't tease us by putting it as a NEWS headline.
caseyheilman is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-13-2004, 02:26 PM   #2
wrecks
Founding Member

Great news piece. Kudos.
wrecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 02:52 PM   #3
F451
Founding Member

Doesn't MO have i-n-s-u-r-a-n-c-e for these matters? Can't MO Corporate simply put a new camera on the corporate LearJet and deliver it to our man Yossef overseas?
F451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 05:11 PM   #4
phalse
Founding Member

Why would you tease us like this? It makes no sense at all. I'm still miffed you can't be bothered to serve up a decent sized image and you bring up the lack of videos?!
phalse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 05:47 PM   #5
FrankS1
Founding Member

Didn't you guys tell Yossef that his job is to wreck the bikes the mfr's furnish, not YOUR equipment? If he has trouble getting the idea, I've got a suggestion: Fire him and send ME over to ride those scrumptious bikes. Why, I'll even go to England or Germany if you want me to. (Seems like Yossef stays in Italy, right?) Not only that, I'll take the new camera as part of my baggage allowance.

(No hard feelings, Yossef, but I'd just love to take over your job.)
FrankS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 08:29 PM   #6
dylanmo
Founding Member

True, this was a F.N. weak way to announce that there is no video. As Yoda sez: there is no try, only do.

There's always someone else out there willing to be a semi-literate motorcycle journalist. Do better.
dylanmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 08:36 PM   #7
dylanmo
Founding Member

Sorry, but ya know...you ever read Car and Driver? It's a whole 'nother level of editiing (and incredibly better writing, but let's start simple heah.) Yeah, I know, it's a bigger publication and all, but there's a difference between AOL chatroom and professional journalism. Try and approach that difference. Start with a punctuation guide.
dylanmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 11:17 AM   #8
nitrofly
Founding Member

Lack of video for the brutale story is indicative of the overall degeneration of this site. I have gladly been a subscriber for the last two years and for the first 18 mnths I saw excellent value in my subscription, but in the last 6 months I have seen the value of my subscription spiral lower and lower. About the same time JB split. The lack of content and non existent updates pisses me off. Maybe cut the subscription fees by about 90% to be in line with the drop in decent content. This used to be an awesome site, I dunno why you're just letting it die.
Old 01-14-2004, 07:30 PM   #9
Swimwear_Pete
Founding Member

I absolutly couldn't agree more. I have been a subscriber for 2 years and loved this site when I first subscribed. I couldn't get enough of it.

But the lack of updates and the fact that Honda (I hope my memory serves me right here) won't even let you guys attend and manufacturer press days because of inappropriate behaviour is just sad.

I will NOT be renewing my subscription in 16 days when it runs out!
Swimwear_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 07:33 PM   #10
Swimwear_Pete
Founding Member

I had to post this again in it's own thread, so that I made sure others saw how I feel about the degredation of this website.

I have been a subscriber for 2 years and loved this site when I first subscribed. I couldn't get enough of it.

But the lack of updates and the fact that Honda (I hope my memory serves me right here, it's one of the big 4 anyway) won't even let you guys attend and manufacturer press days because of inappropriate behaviour is just sad.

I will NOT be renewing my subscription in 16 days when it runs out!
Swimwear_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote