Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 12-29-2003, 02:25 PM   #1
cyclesteve
Founding Member

Default Re: STAR Days in Utah

According to the one pictures heading "Twin brothers Steve and David Kahn actually run nuclear reactor back home." It scares me to see that 2 guys that make decisions on if we have a Chernobyl type disaster here in the States have such poor decision making capabilities. The picture shows them in shorts, T-shirt no helmets and heck one of em doesn't even have eye protection on. People with this amount of sense would do better in positions that require asking "would you like fries with that?"

cyclesteve is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-29-2003, 05:56 PM   #2
julian
Founding Member

I'm beggin'ya Steve....lighten up

Julian
julian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 09:02 PM   #3
BrokenLink
Founding Member

Nice article, Paul, love the pictures. The Yamaha kit bike is awesome. Utah is a great place and it's not boring if you like rock climbing, skiiing, mountain biking, and water skiing. It's Colorado without the people.
BrokenLink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 09:16 PM   #4
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Utah sucks Colorado rules

Colorado has more mountains, taller too (50 over 14,000 ft.) More ski areas 20+. In short Colorado has more of everthing. Better parties also.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 04:07 AM   #5
Mooner
Founding Member

Default Uhhh, I'm with you Steve

Nice tennies too!
Mooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 05:11 AM   #6
electraglider_1997
Founding Member

Default Thought police

You didn't make a comment on their religion or party affiliation.
electraglider_1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 05:19 AM   #7
SRMark
Founding Member

I live down wind of Three Mile Island. I hope those two don't work there. Seriously though, I don't care if the ride naked. I just love the fact that they can make a choice. Now, when it comes to my personal safety, I hope they are more cautious at work.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 05:26 AM   #8
SRMark
Founding Member

Default Re: Utah sucks Colorado rules

Trouble is, those assets are offset by the stick-up-the-ass folks in Aspen and Telluride. Stick to Ouray and be sure to say "Hey!" to Barb at the Box Canyon Lodge. And does Colorado have anything to rival Moab?
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 05:27 AM   #9
electraglider_1997
Founding Member

Default Yamaha stars

I remember all the hoopala surrounding the Royal Star a number of years ago. I was real interested in it because I then had a 1300 Venture Royal and I was looking for a new bike. Finally after many delays the Star came into the dealer. Every magazine panned it but I decided to make up my own mind. The mags were not wrong, what a dog. Both in looks and power. My Venture always seemed to have alot of get up and go, but not so the new Royal Star. What a let down. Then they came out with the 650cc Star. Bargain basement cheapo, chincy piece of crapola. A friend of mine bought one and had me ride it home for him. Junkola. I don't know anything about the 1100cc Star. Now the new Venture Royal is a looker but I heard of problems but don't know firsthand. Never hear much about it from the magazines except when it first came out. Went down to see it and thought it looked real nice. The Venture I had was a good but very top heavy at low speeds and the frame whiplashed me off a 45 mph one time. Talk about bruised to the hip bone. I think my lips turned white while that semi wheel hopped to a stop behind me.
electraglider_1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 05:36 AM   #10
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Ahhhhhh so this is where the 25th anniversary of the XS650 party was, right?

Did Foghat play?
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote