Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 12-30-2003, 08:53 AM   #21
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default We know who really sucks.

Can't I come over? I think KPaul ripping the place is a ringing endorsement in my eyes. By the way, I think Utah is my fav in the lower 48 and I have been to most. Once me, you and Buz hit Alaska, we can compare.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-30-2003, 09:27 AM   #22
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: We know who really sucks.

I've been to Alaska twice although not on a motorcycle. It's beautiful. I've visited 47 states and found something to like about all of them.

I still need Maine, New Hampshire and New Mexico to complete them all.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 11:15 AM   #23
ZRX_bullock
Founding Member

Default Re: STAR Days in Utah

Another member of the facist (Harley) crowd heard from.
Old 12-30-2003, 11:48 AM   #24
Buzglyd
Founding Member

It's chilling to see how easily you can throw around a word like fascist to describe someone who was cracking a joke.

Now crawl back into your cave.
Old 12-30-2003, 12:11 PM   #25
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Colorado beats Utah in National Parks and Monuments

Colorado National Parks and Monuments beats Utah click here and see why

Colorado mountain peaks are taller and more numerous click here
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 12:34 PM   #26
seruzawa
The Toad

Ol' ZRX_buttock doesn't have much of a sense of humor. And he obviously has no idea what a fascist is. It's just a nasty word he's heard used on moveon.org (and its usually used incorrectly) that he can repeat.

How many times have you ever heard the word fascist used correctly? Usually these days the people who accuse others of fascism are much closer to fascists themselves.

People who own Harleys automatically believe in powerful centralized government? Yes, the ABATE crowd goosesteps around every year when they celebrate Krystalnacht. They have huge pictures of Mussolini hanging at their meeting halls too. LOL!

You and longride have swastikas tattooed on your butts. Admit it!
Old 12-30-2003, 01:12 PM   #27
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Don't forget those who claim to be the most "open-minded" define it as agreeing with them.

Just disagree with a move-on-type sometime and see how "open-minded" they really are.
Old 12-30-2003, 01:31 PM   #28
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Maybe the guy is just constipated from riding his ZRX. I'm just giving him the benefit of the doubt here. Us fascists are like that. I have the swastika on my butt, but KPaul has Buz's face tatooed on his I think. Now THAT is scary. I think Buz was making a harmless reference of copycat Harleys copying Harley rallies and STILL not getting it right. Damn you Buz!
Old 12-30-2003, 01:51 PM   #29
cyclesteve
Registered Member

I was not questioning their work ethic, but their ability to make good decisions at work. If they care that little about their own safety how much do they care about the safety of others. Would you not feel they were more responsible if they wore full protective gear? Also the argument that it is their freedom to not wear gear is their own personal freedom, is a non-valid argument against if it is wise. It is my personal freedom to put my hand into the spinning blades of a lawnmower, but it is still stupid and shows a major lack of good judgment.
cyclesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 03:01 PM   #30
julian
Founding Member

My disagreement with your postion is that I don't feel that what they wear while riding their motorcycles is any reflection on how they feel concerning our saftey while they're at work.

You obviously feel that the only *right and reasonable* decision while biking is full gear .

I wear full armour and insist that my S.O. wear hers as well or no ride and I recomend the same to anyone I know who rides as well.

However, if someone enjoys the wind in the face type riding, it means ,to me, that they're willing to except that level of risk for *their own person*.

By the nature of their job, the two men in question must already have good judgement and attention to detail before they were even considered for the positions they hold.

If I were to judge anything from the photo, it would be that these guys, riding cruisers, aren't going to be pushing any performance envelopes anywhere. Their safety is in question from cagers not from their actions.

As far as would I consider them more responsible if they wore full leathers, the answer is...depends.

Julian
julian is offline   Reply With Quote