Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 12-23-2003, 09:56 AM   #61
Winger4Life
Founding Member

Default Re: Why Bother?

So Honda is not perfect. I suppose no other manufacturer ever has any recalls? My Wing was not recalled for the frame, but it did have the overheating issue.

True, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so I will give you that one.
Winger4Life is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-23-2003, 10:01 AM   #62
Winger4Life
Founding Member

The Wing has more horsepower and more torque than any of these bikes, and thanks to the six cylinders, it delivers that power in an extremely smooth manner rather than the 'throbbing' twin.

As far as runbling...who wants to have their ear drums blasted out when they are in the saddle for 800 miles a day?
Old 12-23-2003, 10:04 AM   #63
Winger4Life
Founding Member

Default Re: Why not a Civic?

Because I already own an Accord.

True the CD is expensive, but show me another bike that has a fully integrated CD player and CB radio that do not take away any cargo space?
Old 12-23-2003, 10:09 AM   #64
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Re: You might notice

"Score" is a feature that ANY MO user can use to moderate a post's rating. Everyone can see the current score for a post.

"Threshold" is a feature that ANY MO user can use to filter which posts show up in the thread. However, the threshold filter only works for that individual reader. ie... if you set Threshold to "1" your browser will only show you posts that have a score of "1" or higher, but it will not affect what other MO users see.
Old 12-23-2003, 10:09 AM   #65
johnnyb
Founding Member

Default Re: increasing your displacement

i really want a Buell. I would go with xb9s. torn betw. it and honda superhawk, but buy Amurican given the choice.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2003, 10:15 AM   #66
Gman0047
Registered Member

I've ridden the four cylinder wings before and they were everything you say and more. I also had a Fiat X1/9 which was similar but handled much better. I think you are missing the motorcycle experience if a Goldwing is all you ride. Of course the sixes are probably more of the same but I doubt very many readers of this mag would want to go there. I have a 2002 Civic as one of my three cars now and it is the least interesting of my vehicles, the other being a VW Golf TDI and a Chevy Siverado. Surprisingly to me, I would only rate it third in quality. My favorite ride I currently own is a Ducati 900SS and I love it. The top three picks in this article all sound worthy of consideration as a second bike though.
Gman0047 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2003, 10:15 AM   #67
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Re: Riled ya up

At least they'll rev them near their respective redlines.
Old 12-23-2003, 10:18 AM   #68
Gman0047
Registered Member

I've ridden the four cylinder wings before and they were everything you say and more. I also had a Fiat X1/9 which was similar but handled much better. I think you are missing the motorcycle experience if a Goldwing is all you ride. Of course the sixes are probably more of the same but I doubt very many readers of this mag would want to go there. I have a 2002 Civic as one of my three cars now and it is the least interesting of my vehicles, the other being a VW Golf TDI and a Chevy Siverado. Surprisingly to me, I would only rate it third in quality. My favorite ride I currently own is a Ducati 900SS and I love it. The top three picks in this article all sound worthy of consideration as a second bike though.
Gman0047 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2003, 10:19 AM   #69
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Re: Defending the U.S. made Wing vs the Harley

As soon as the Gold Wing transforms into an Air Cooled (or pseudo air cooled) V-Twin it has [b]NO</a> place in this comparro.

With all due respect, why don't you guys give it a rest?
Old 12-23-2003, 10:19 AM   #70
ValkBandit
Registered Member

Default le' me guess ....

let me take a wild guess: gabe threw a tantrum because he insisted on triple (quadruple?) the column inches of everyone else in the test. and someone buckled rather than tackle the intimidating task of editing back comments that ran WAY too long.

next time you feel compelled to indulge enormous writer egos, here's a hint from a long-time reader: sometimes less is more.
ValkBandit is offline   Reply With Quote