Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 12-23-2003, 08:26 AM   #31
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: What a crock.

100th anniversary poseur! The silver/black is not bad lookin, but I'll take my Jade Green Pearl beaut any day.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-23-2003, 08:28 AM   #32
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Classic Tourers Comparo

Already beat the stuffing out of that. Supposed to be 45 here by the weekend, and that should get me out there.
Old 12-23-2003, 08:30 AM   #33
Gordy
Registered Member

Don't think it's just Harleys. I've got a Kawasaki Drifter and the front brake is so weak I think they actually took it off of a '42 Chief!
Gordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2003, 08:39 AM   #34
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Why Bother?

Actually if you buy a Honda Civic, you can get the other 2 wheels cheaper, and I hear the frames on the Civic don't break. Gotta love that.
Old 12-23-2003, 08:41 AM   #35
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Why Bother?

You can only sell them for that profit if they have never been ridden Cap. If you put 2 miles on the thing it's back down to 13 grand.
Old 12-23-2003, 08:44 AM   #36
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Why not a Civic?

Why get a GoldWing, when you can get an auto from the same company and it doesn't overheat and the frames don't break? It'll also seat four and they don't charge you 1000 bucks for a CD player. Then you can be Civic4Life.
Old 12-23-2003, 08:50 AM   #37
tumbler
Founding Member

Default Re: Why not a Civic?

That was hilarious!
tumbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2003, 09:02 AM   #38
electraglider_1997
Registered Member

Default Riled ya up

Did my job. It is so easy to do.
electraglider_1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2003, 09:09 AM   #39
kawazuki
Founding Member

Default Re: dang

[C]ruise control--invaluable for people who actually go places on their motorcycles[.]

Bah.

I don't understand what all this fuss is about. I've ridden from Albuquerque to Oakland, and Los Angeles to Seattle (and back) on my underdecorated YRS Warrior. No cruise control, no heated handgrips, no windshield. I kinda wish it had bags, though. Strapping backpacks to the rear seat isn't real confidence inspiring.

FWIW, I've got 15,000 miles on it, and it hasn't needed anything other than tires and oil changes. And the 5 1/4 thousand I saved over the cost of a Road King will buy me a lot of tires and oil changes. Not to mention gasoline to actually run through the thing, doing what I actually care about, riding the thing. So put that in your pipe and smoke it, Electraglider.

-Kawazuki
kawazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2003, 09:22 AM   #40
kawazuki
Founding Member

*yawn*

Maybe they'd fork over the cash for the Yamaha because they don't feel like paying more money for less oomph.

Nobody buys an overpriced, underpowered, oil-leaking piece of **** Harley without spending the rest of their days justifying their purchase to everyone in earshot by claiming they bought the only real bike on the market, and it was easily worth the extra money for those Real Motor Company Badges.

I used to like Harleys. Then I learned what a bunch of pricks the owners (or at least the most vocal of them) can be. I'd still consider buying one, except I'd hate for anyone to think I'm like you.

In short, Electraglider, fuck off. You were fed a line of **** and you ate it all up. Now you repeat it because the only other option is to admit to yourself that you were suckered.

-Kawazuki
kawazuki is offline   Reply With Quote