Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 12-26-2003, 07:08 AM   #171
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: rain ?

Whats even more remarkable is it DIDN'T rain here, the sun came out and fried my eyeballs. This time of year I'd rather have clouds and rain than sun because the sun never gets high enough not to be in your eyes.

So which bike did you go rain-riding on?
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-26-2003, 07:35 AM   #172
Gabe
Registered Member

Default Touche!

I am an inconsistent fellow, aren't I? Well, here's my point: ride what you want, based on what what your needs are, and finacial considerations be dammed. But if two bikes are equal in form and function, and the tie-breaker is saving $4000 (which buys a lot of vaxction time, tires and gas!), go with the cheaper bike! But buy the Harley if what you really need is a Harley. (That's why it was my favorite bike)

Also, if you view a motorccyle as a commodity like I do, the cheapest one might make the most sense, financially speaking. That's why I like to buy used, or even salvaged bikes.

As to an expensive bike needing more power, the money isn't as important as the luxury concept is. Can you imagine Mercedes selling an "S" class car with a 95 hp, 4-cylinder engine and then Mercedes enthusiasts saying, "If I wanted to go fast, I'd buy a sportscar"? That would be insane, just as spending $16,000 on a motorcycle and then making excuses for it's lack of performance is.

Lastly, I'd like to make clear that I have no real affiliation with MO, and everything I express on any feedback forum is entirely my own opinion and not that of MO or any of its employees or advertisers.

Just a guy in the ether...
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2003, 09:08 AM   #173
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Glory be!

It actually rained pretty hard last night. You've probably seen some of the mudslide footage.

I generally don't ride around town when it rains. People here have no clue when it comes to wet driving.

When it rains here it actually leads the local news!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2003, 09:09 AM   #174
Buzglyd
Founding Member

It rained overnight so no riding for me. I even avoid driving, let alone riding, in the rain around here. People just smash, smash, smash. It's frightening.
Old 12-26-2003, 09:12 AM   #175
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Touche!

How about MR ALLCAPS' opinions?
Old 12-26-2003, 09:59 AM   #176
sarnali
Founding Member

I guess living in that climate rain and wet would be hazardous. We don't really get the hard driving rain you get that overwhelms the storm runoff systems. Mostly here we get light rain and drizzle that goes on for weeks, though it comes down hard from time to time.

Rain is a given around here, and is factored in to any construction project with retention ponds and drainage systems. Most new cars sold here come standard with ABS too, so it's not so bad to drive in, unless you have to stop suddenly in front of gramma and her '71 LTD.

I don't mind rain-riding, but if it's pouring down when I leave for work I just drive, heavy traffic in the rain when it's still dark is no fun at all.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2003, 11:14 AM   #177
seruzawa
The Toad

Default 6 inches of snow today so far.

We have the same problem here during snowstorms. Too many people seem to think that 'cause they've got AWD or 4WD and snow tires they can drive like normal. Usually the first major snowstorm of each year turns the city into a crash fest.

One of the funniest sights is watching idiots in jacked up trucks with fat tires rotating down the street... as long as you're not in these idiots' paths.

Then there are the morons that continue to drive at 70 mph on the Interstate when the fog rolls in with 50ft visibility. We've had a few 60+ car piles ups on I-215 'cause of the large number of clowns who won't slow down in dense fog. They apparently think their amber driving lights act as a magical protection in the fog.

Winter driving is such fun. At least it keeps things from getting too boring.
Old 12-26-2003, 11:27 AM   #178
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: 6 inches of snow today so far.

You in the Salt Lake area? I had some meetings in Snowbird at the end of Sept. I should have looked you up and poured an adult beverage down you and then chased after some sweet, blonde "Jack Mormons."
Old 12-26-2003, 12:42 PM   #179
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: 6 inches of snow today so far.

Q1: Why is it a mistake to invite a Mormon to go fishing?

A1: He'll drink all the beer.

Q2: How do you keep him from drinking all the beer?

A2: Invite another Mormon.

We have many excellent micro-brewries here. Let me know the next time you roll in.
Old 12-26-2003, 02:18 PM   #180
kawazuki
Founding Member

Default Re: What a crock.

Nah, a Kawazuki, it's like a Triton. Why would it want to be something it's already better than?

If you really think my bike is inferior to yours, meet me in Seattle, San Diego, Jacksonville, or Boston, (your choice) and we'll ride one lap and see whose bike makes it all the way around the country in one piece.

-Kawazuki
kawazuki is offline   Reply With Quote