Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 12-18-2003, 12:08 PM   #61
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

Default Re: 2004 Honda CBR 1000RR Track Test

What is up with Honda lately? I am a fan and have owned them but the last few years some of their actions are unfathomable to me. Why would they not provide access for testing to a major online publication? It seems to me that MO's relationship is "upsidedown" with them. Their excuses, over time, start to sound more and more petty. Could it be that like the 919 and 600RR their newest can't win in most open, honest comparisons? Are they looking for the "Motortrends" of the industry, remember when the Caprice was named "Car of the Year"? Maybe it says alot that Honda isn't playing ball. I hope MO continues to give subscribers the truth without regard to the Manufacturers feelings. I can get the Honda information elsewhere but will take note that those with the courage to say the Emperor is naked don't seem to get the "Red" carpet treatment.
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-18-2003, 12:08 PM   #62
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

What is up with Honda lately? I am a fan and have owned them but the last few years some of their actions are unfathomable to me. Why would they not provide access for testing to a major online publication? It seems to me that MO's relationship is "upsidedown" with them. Their excuses, over time, start to sound more and more petty. Could it be that like the 919 and 600RR their newest can't win in most open, honest comparisons? Are they looking for the "Motortrends" of the industry, remember when the Caprice was named "Car of the Year"? Maybe it says alot that Honda isn't playing ball. I hope MO continues to give subscribers the truth without regard to the Manufacturers feelings. I can get the Honda information elsewhere but will take note that those with the courage to say the Emperor is naked don't seem to get the "Red" carpet treatment.
Old 12-18-2003, 12:10 PM   #63
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

Doh! Double post, sorry.
Old 12-18-2003, 12:12 PM   #64
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: I was born and raised in Ireland and...

Our relatives from Eire (they live in Scowsie(sp?)) were here during the 2002 Olympics. We went downtown to buy some bobsled tickets from some scalpers (morally superior Utah temporarily allowed scalping in the vicintity of the "Olympic Walk"). We met a guy who was from Eire who had some bobsled tickets. As soon as he recognized that our relatives were not from Dublin (he was) he tried to double the price of the tickets, so we went to the next guy.

Eire is a great place to visit though. Just let someone else drive. It's too nervewracking trying to stay on the left side of the road.
Old 12-18-2003, 12:22 PM   #65
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

I think it's safe to say that unless you're REAL good none of the new Liter-bikes will tolerate much Hamfistedness.
Old 12-18-2003, 12:40 PM   #66
mile_eater
Founding Member

Well said brother Bass!
Old 12-18-2003, 12:41 PM   #67
dwr461
Founding Member

LOL! That was pretty funny EBass. But as I only have 17 days left I won't be around to read the reprint of the manufacturer's specs that you'll (and nearly evey other mag) publish and call journalism. But then you are a philosopher....

Take care,

Dave

dwr461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 02:25 PM   #68
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

Yep, maybe North of 1,000,000 to 1.
Old 12-18-2003, 04:52 PM   #69
staff
Registered Member

Default Re: Enough of this Political Correctness

Stop it KPaul! Every time you say something like this (ie. something that actually makes sense) it makes me second guess all the ill will and the general low opinion I have of you.
staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 05:05 PM   #70
cota
Registered Member

Default Re: Ãœberbike

It seems Honda is similar to an expensive watch. Meticulous engineering, lots of expensive parts, great looks, and it keeps time just about as well as a Timex.

As for the "inevitable Overbite", is perfection defined as: we ain't competitive so to support our sales racing has to handicap everything with more than 2 jugs? Why not just race Supper Dyno-glides? Call it Jurassic GP?
cota is offline   Reply With Quote