Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 12-15-2003, 06:11 AM   #51
Flickmeister
Registered Member

Default Re: 2004 Kawasaki ZX-10R Track Test

I'm not a big fan of underseat exhausts for two reasons: 1) You usually lose a great deal of already skimpy underseat storage space. 2) It seems the price of an aftermarket exhaust, be it a full system or slip-on, goes up considerably and is more difficult to install. Lookswize, Honda and Suzuki have the underseat exhaust market captured on ugly. The only current underseat system that seems to look good is the Yammy R1. No one comes close to the beauty of the original 916/996/998 system, but I feel that applies to the whole bike--still the most beautiful machine ever made in my opinion. Cheers, Jack
Flickmeister is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-15-2003, 06:56 AM   #52
johnnyb
Founding Member

Default Coolness.

Well, did we spank the DonCanet or not dammit? And where's my Oxtar boots with the ti toes? Hmmm?
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 07:00 AM   #53
anosquid
Founding Member

Default Re: ...gimme half...

Isn't that just the class that was started by the SV650, and has been added to by the just released Yamaha FZ6, Honda 599, and the derivative Suzuki DL650? I suspect that by next year Kawasaki will join the fray with either a modified Suzuki or a take-off from the 636.

Here's a series of competitively priced bikes weighing from 375 to 450 lbs., with 75-85 rearwheel horsepower, and probably more handling ability than 90 percent of us will ever be able to make use of.

My only problem with most of the newer generation of bikes is their inability to comfortably transport anybody over 6'0".
anosquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 07:19 AM   #54
BBD_Racing
Founding Member

All the literbikes are stupid fast and outstandingly well made. Hence, I will buy based on prettiness and how it feels when I'm on top (gee, that sounds familliar.....).

Anyway, the R1 and the Ninja stand way over the other two in the looks dept. The Gixx looks like the other gixxes, and the CBR just looks funny. And another thing, what freaking dipstick at Honda decided that the red, white and blue color scheme shouldn't come to America? I guess they figured that those colors aren't popular here. Dumba$$es.

The 10 felt great at the bike show. The R1 felt like it had edges on it that were uncomfortable. The GSXR felt long and Honda felt too special to let us sit on the damned thing.

The 10 will be in my garage next year.
BBD_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 07:25 AM   #55
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: Exposing a Fraud.

The "I can't afford a new motorcycle" was a figure of speech pal. You didn't get my real point i.e. the problems caused by excessive Bush budget deficits. You are right you are just a stupid programmer. I am fiscal conservative both publically and personally. My wife and I don't believe in large sums of debt etc. We also have a daughter who will be attending either Stanford or Brown or another Ivy league school next year. Even though she will be getting scholarships it won't be enough. . Yes I am a real engineer a member of IEEE. I have degrees in EE (ABET school), Business Admin, and currently working on a M.S. in C.S. No brag just fact. I am in the 90% pay bracket of engineers at my company with similiar experience etc. With my wife not working anymore, she is going to school, we prefe to live conservatively. In addition the Seattle are has a host of living. So longride if you want to talk more send me an email. That would be better, instead of attacking me personally in this forum. When I make smart ass remarks about you, it always in the spirit of fun and never meant to be hostile.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 07:46 AM   #56
BBD_Racing
Founding Member

Nice article MO and thanks a bunch for the giant pics. You are forgiven for the lack of onboard video. $12 well spent.

Speaking of which, have you ever tried to stick the microphone inside the airbox? I reckon that would sound pretty awesome, or it would totally suck. Alternatively, taped to the back of the box might work well.
BBD_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 07:53 AM   #57
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Bike Show

They had a pretty complete line-up, including the Val-Moto Daytona that won IOM.

The biggest draws were the Rocket 111, which didn't look TOO bad, and a red Thruxton which I thought looked really nice. plus a smattering of accessories.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 08:04 AM   #58
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: ...gimme half...

Doesn't he know riding motorcycles is dangerous?
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 10:49 AM   #59
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Exposing a Fraud.

Actually his mental state could ensure him a meteoric career in government. People like him are the ones who organize and carry out these "controlled burns" we've been seeing lately.
Old 12-15-2003, 11:10 AM   #60
seruzawa
The Toad

I'm looking for a sporty ride to supplement my GSX100G and my VF700C. But it's got to be useful for 500 mile days so these sportbikes are out. Looks like an SV1000 or a Speed Triple. I've flirted with a CBR954 (the prices were really good last month) but it's just too cramped for me.

But then, I can always fall back on the Holy Trinity of SV650, Concours or VFR (older one).