Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 12-14-2003, 05:00 AM   #31
brcookg
Founding Member

Default Re: My favorite title

Ever been to the circus...or seen the Shriners in a parade?
brcookg is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-14-2003, 06:14 AM   #32
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Does my ass look fast on this?

I hate to be the one to burst your bubble Kpaul,,, (well,, not really) but anyway it's like this. You can go and buy all the Ninjas and GSXRs you want, you can wear the same style leathers and helmet that Rossi wears, and you can quote all the magazine and MSF scores you can find and it still won't make you fast.

Guys like Sean are fast because they have some skill and they practice, not because they have Rossi rep arm chaps. I personaly like sportbikes but the fact is they're to narrowly focused for the type of riding I do, so I buy bikes that are more applicable .

My riding buddies and I, and I'm the youngest at 46, can keep up a pretty fast clip on whatever bikes we're on at the time, but if you pass me going 90 on a road that I think is good for 70 it doesn't mean you're faster than me, it just means you're more willing to throw it all away to prove yourself.

While you're sitting on the side of the road puking 'cause you scared yourself so bad I'll just laugh and keep enjoying my ride.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 08:30 AM   #33
Isotech
Founding Member

Default Re: 2004 Kawasaki ZX-10R Track Test

hehe My little Ninja 250R redlines at 14500, and the rev limiter kicks in at 15000.

Back in the late 60's the Honda GP bikes where pulling close to 23000 RPM out of an inline 4
Isotech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 10:04 AM   #34
xseal
Registered Member

Default Re: 2004 Kawasaki ZX-10R Track Test

I'm over 6', and my solution is to stick with a pre-2003 600. I have 2, a street legal 2000 and a racing 2002. with the suspension done and minor engine work, they outdo the new 600s, and I can ride it (relatively) comfortably.
xseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 10:39 AM   #35
seruzawa
The Toad

You must be really masochistic to waste your time attempting to use real world experience in arguing with Kook. Notice that he has the concept of being too tall to fit comfortably on a small bike with being too old or too fat. His every post reveals his stupidity and disassociation with reality.

He claims to be an engineer with other engineers under him. If this is true we should find out what company in Seattle he works for. Any company that would hire and make a manager out of Kook is obviously owned and run by idiots. It would be wise to ensure that your stock portfolio has absolutely no shares of whatever company he works for.
Old 12-14-2003, 11:12 AM   #36
sarnali
Founding Member

What can I say, I was bored.

Knowing Kpaul his "management position at a Seattle engineering firm" most likely means he designs armrests at Boeing
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 01:29 PM   #37
Chango
Founding Member

Or maybe he's a "dietary engineer," specializing in quick comestibles...
Old 12-14-2003, 02:31 PM   #38
wirehed
Founding Member

Default ...gimme half...

Alright, I know that this post will probably cause a lot of rolling eyes and draw a few "commuter weenie" type remarks, but here it goes...

Almost twenty years ago, Kawasaki was smart enough to take half of a liter bike, put it in a reasonably contgemporary chassis and create a bike that matched the current middleweight class leader (500 interceptor) and has sold consistently ever since...the EX/GPZ500 twin.

I think I could dig a 75-80 HP bike with half the mass and width of the ZX-10R. Such a bike would take suzuki's SV650 to shame.

And Just like with the EX, I'll bet truly skilled club-racer types would put snot-nosed 600 pilots to shame in the canyons. Not to mention that real-world riders would have an everyday grin-machine that would sell well for another 20 years.

...please, Kawasaki, spin that magic web again. The EX has finally reached its sunset. Doesn't a long shelf-life lightweight for RIDERS (not racers) make some sense?

Just my $.02
wirehed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 04:05 PM   #39
KPaulCook
Banned

Hint, I am not a mechanical or structural engineer. Us EEs used to take mechanical and civil engineering courses for easy As.. Any time you guys what to talk about electronics, computers, software let me know.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 04:06 PM   #40
KPaulCook
Banned

Now that is cute.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote