Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 12-13-2003, 08:32 AM   #11
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: 2004 Kawasaki ZX-10R Track Test

It looks like the sportbikes are all going to be too small for riders over 6ft to ride on a day-in day-out basis at this rate. I guess it's inevitable if the goal is to have the bikes race oriented. Still it looks like the new Ksaki simply will be too cramped since the current batch of 600s already are so.

P.S. Sean... does the claimed dry weight of 170Kg seem at all accurate or is it the usual Big4 weight fiction?

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-13-2003, 08:35 AM   #12
Vlad
Registered Member

Default Re: HOW DOES IT DO WHILE ON THE BACK WHEEL?

You know, with the current state of technology, we ought to be able to find a way to patch his brain into a motorcycle. Just think of the weight advantage he would have without all those excess body parts to carry around.

Vlad
Vlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 08:39 AM   #13
nitrofly
Founding Member

Yeah that's all good news BUT what we really need to know is just one thing: can it kick the big bad gixxer's ass?
Old 12-13-2003, 09:46 AM   #14
staff
Registered Member

Gabe and I are currently working on gettin MR. ALLCAPS back on two wheels. Gabe (the smart one) is getting bretty close with his brain/bike interface on his kitted 70cc Derbi mini motard. MO will have story and pics soon.
staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 09:51 AM   #15
staff
Registered Member

I'll update the text when I get to MO today. To answer your question though... Yes, like the ZX-6R before it, the 10R seems very close (when you figure the weight of a battery, oil, fuel, grease, air in the tires etc...) to Kawi's weight claim. (Remember the 6R was a feathery 416Lbs with a full tank of gas, when MO weighed it last March)

-After writing this answer, perhaps I'll just cut-n-paste it into the story.-Sean
staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 11:13 AM   #16
sarnali
Founding Member

The biggest problem is how to get the Oakleys, tank top, shorts and tennis shoes to stay on while his brain sloshes around in the jar.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 12:25 PM   #17
sarnali
Founding Member

My friends and I all checked it out pretty well at the Seattle show, I'm 6ft 300lbs. and it's definately tight but it "seemed" to have more room than the GSXR. Not overly uncomfortable but then that's just sitting on it and bouncing around for five minutes, riding it would I'm sure be another story

The most cramped bike there was the XB12 Firebolt. The Lightning was pretty comfy like most other sport standards, and would be on my short list of 15 or 20 bikes I'd like to have.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 12:48 PM   #18
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Yeah, they are getting smaller and faster. My ZX9 fits me pretty good, and sitting on the newer bikes shows me just how good it does fit. The only bikes that have my attention are the ZX12 or Busa. If I got another to replace the 9 it would be one of those.
Old 12-13-2003, 02:48 PM   #19
seruzawa
The Toad

Default It's just not fair.

Look at how many disembrained bodies are riding around. Is one disembodied brain given the opportunity to ride too much to ask?

Too much yang and not enough yin these days.
Old 12-13-2003, 02:54 PM   #20
seruzawa
The Toad

I found the CBR954 to be just barely acceptable for any sort of decent riding distances. (my daily 85 mile commute for instance.) I can't imagine anything smaller being worth spending the money on since there's no track around here to take it to.

Too bad they don't make a bike about the size/comfort of an FJR1200 with all the modern technological gizmos incorporated.