Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 11-26-2003, 09:57 AM   #61
nbyers
Registered Member

Default What if the old car was faster?

Great point...

Even though up to 7000 RPM the Max makes more HP and torque than the FZ1....

Sort of like the '67 Vette not just looking faster, but actually being faster than the Z06.

No wonder we all like the Max.

nbyers is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-26-2003, 10:26 AM   #62
caderider
Registered Member

Default Re: 2004 Yamaha V-Max

Mmmmm CBX
Old 11-26-2003, 11:26 AM   #63
caderider
Registered Member

I thought I heard somewhere that the basic block is the same for Venture & Max... I may be wrong, ya know lol
Old 11-26-2003, 05:15 PM   #64
sarnali
Founding Member

Not a chance, That Triumph's a keeper. A Warrior might be fun, but the Triumph stays.

When I get my free federally mandated geezer-glide (I'm older than Buzz) my garage will be full.

Besides my kids bicycle's, my stepsons crap (He's baaaack) all my M/C junk and bags of kitty-litter for the Triumph, there's barely room for the beer fridge and the couch, let alone an "Asian" cruiser.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 05:27 PM   #65
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: up yer butt, JB

The Max could out run a Sabre, but that Sabre howl and the way the shaft cranked your ass up when you dumped the clutch was pure magic to me.

I went through a lot of rear tires I could barely afford when I had mine
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 09:29 PM   #66
itsings
Founding Member

Default BOYCOTT!!!!!

I think nobody should buy a new V-max untill Yamaha gets off their rear and gives the bike an update. Actually there about ten years past even a major update. The bike needs a complete redesign!!!

The worst part is that the customer base, the customer apeal, and the customer need for a new max has been here for years. Yamaha would sell three times as many or more V-max's if they would just keep the promise and redo the bike.

Again, don't buy this bike untill Yamaha gets their head out of their asses. I would bet a million dollars that the bike has been redesigned half a dozen times. BUT the brass says why spend the money on a redesign when the stupid consumer is still buying the bike and it doesn't cost us anything.

DON'T BUY ONE!!! :
itsings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2003, 02:38 AM   #67
maxriderdon
Founding Member

Default Re: Why?

Max is a cruiser. You are comparing to today's retro cruiser(Roadstar). The bike came out in the 80's. Somewhat radical but it is a cruiser. Here this should help, imagine the bike with one third its power. Now you see the cruiser. Many have trouble seeing the bike as a cruiser simply cause it's so fast, and you can make it even faster. Now that's not standard cruiser is it? If it had come out with a standard weak V-twin no one would have ever thought of calling it anything other than a cruiser. Like it or not it's the baddest cruiser since the day it hit the streets. There have been a few imitators, V-rod comes to mind. But the V-rod is maxed out, nothing left. V-max has even more potential as their owners are well aware of.
Old 11-27-2003, 02:47 AM   #68
maxriderdon
Founding Member

The max can romp in the twisties, but not in it's out of the box configuration. Plan on spending some serious cash. Starts with changing wheels to sportbike tire capable wheels and some chassis tuning. Joe at Boxenstop in Daytona can take you there. He knows V-maxes like few do. Problem is the bike starts becoming a cruiser/sportbike. It would be alot cheaper to just go buy an R1. Then you would have speed and handling out of the box.
Old 11-27-2003, 02:53 AM   #69
maxriderdon
Founding Member

Default Re: Why?

Hey Silver, I would agree with your term musclebike. It is probable the best describing term for the bike. It is a musclebike for cruising. I cannot call it a standard though. Nighthawk 750 now that is a standard. I cannot see putting chrome on a nighthawk.LOL

Happy Thanksgiving!
Old 11-27-2003, 03:01 AM   #70
maxriderdon
Founding Member

Wrong. Most us who ride Max, relate the bike to the old 60's musclecars. Not the one's with just loud exhaust. Any HD can make alot of noise. No we are talking real serious power/weight ratios with a feel and sound only a V4 can make in a chassis that screems old musclecar. Hard to describe how it happens but if you have ever rode in one of those and you have rode a V-max, you would understand. Nothing like it!!!