Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 11-10-2003, 03:53 AM   #61
redlmtt
Founding Member

Default CANCEL MY SUBSCRIPTION

No Guzzi content?!

Just kidding! I keep trying VFRs out to see if I should buy one. They are wonderful, and so is the story.
redlmtt is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-10-2003, 04:48 AM   #62
jsimpson
Founding Member

Default Re: Ruffled feathers?

I've had to do more work on my Hondas than I ever did on my Harleys to keep them rolling. Same goes for my Beemers and Yamahas. Come to think of it, of all my motorcycles in the last 46 years, my Harleys were hands-down the most dependable. Of course all of my Harleys were EVO's.
Old 11-10-2003, 04:59 AM   #63
SmokeU
Registered Member

Default Re: Living with the VFR

Soooo what the hell's insurance cost??
Old 11-10-2003, 05:11 AM   #64
jsimpson
Founding Member

Default Re: Ruffled feathers?

If someone DOES offer you a free 80 Harley, please contact me and I will be happy to take it off your hands. Always willing to do my part to keep an offending motorcycle from upsetting a biker's sensitivities.
Old 11-10-2003, 05:13 AM   #65
jsimpson
Founding Member

Default Re: Good review

I enjoyed my BMW R1100RT for about a year. Sold it after realizing I consistently had more fun on my Excelsior Henderson.
Old 11-10-2003, 06:01 AM   #66
electraglider_1997
Registered Member

Default Moose Jaw

He might as well be asking 10 grand for it. Isn't going to get more than 1200 bucks tops. Hey, don't get me wrong. I rode all but 2,000 of those miles since I bought it barely used. It handled like a pig but it was what I had and it was fine by me. I enjoyed it as I have enjoyed all my bikes. It just was not worth rebuilding because the Honda corporation is apparently not interested in people rebuilding their bikes. Must be that it interfers with selling new bikes.

Harley loves selling new bikes but understands that keeping old bikes running has been very very good for business. In fact, it has been very good for the American economy with all the aftermarket businesses that have sprung up because of Harley. Most of the knuckleheads that bash Harley have never owned one. Yet they go on and on like they've had first hand knowledge. Chances are if you sit in the saddle you'll end up an advocate. Anyway, since 4500 isn't out of line to you, you'd better ride your snowmobile on over to Moose Jaw and snap it up.
electraglider_1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 06:35 AM   #67
ZRX_bullock
Founding Member

Great article. How do other VFR owners feel about it as a 2nd bike, used exclusively for two up riding?
Old 11-10-2003, 06:41 AM   #68
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

Wonderful review. I rode this exact same model on a trip for three days once and I liked everything about it except the suspension - which I could not get to work no matter how much I fiddled with it. It would hobby horse like a mofo under hard braking and acceleration in rough corners. Otherwise it was all that you said it is: comfy, stable, good motor and lots of fun. I just wish they'd put it on a diet and upgrade the suspension a bit. The latter you can take care of yourself, of course, but the former is more of a challenge.

sbp
sportbike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 06:47 AM   #69
wrecks
Founding Member

Default Re: Moose Jaw

HD keeps peddling the same hardware they did half a century ago because when they try new innovations they fail. Ever heard of the V4 nova? Liquid-cooled, with a hidden radiator and under-the-seat gas tank. They had to can the project because by the time it was ready for market, the Japanese bikes that were out were already faster and better. So they decided to continue taking a low-tech approach to design. Shortly after the evolution motor came out. Fortunately for them there are enough flag-waving luddite wannabe tough-guys that will buy whatever the hell they make just because its a Harley.
wrecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 06:49 AM   #70
wrecks
Founding Member

I hate 2-up riding on mine, lightens the front end too much
wrecks is offline   Reply With Quote