Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 11-08-2003, 05:41 AM   #21
nweaver
Founding Member

Default Consider >2002

Consider >2002.

The passanger accomidations are much better for those pillions who want to put their hands on the tank.

Also, the availability of ABS is a big big deal. ABS good.

nweaver is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-08-2003, 06:25 AM   #22
GSXRWolf
Founding Member

Default Re: Good review

Gee, it was so exciting to hear that you "almost bought a VFR this year but stuck with BMW -- just changed models." So, please tell us which model BMW you so carefully chose.
GSXRWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 06:37 AM   #23
GSXRWolf
Founding Member

Default Re: Living with the VFR

Isn't there a "bevel drive" Ducati owner out there who will take Vlad to task on his "bevel drive camshaft" statement?

Or how about a Kawasaki W650 owner?
Old 11-08-2003, 06:53 AM   #24
GSXRWolf
Founding Member

If you're so in love with the VFR, keep it. I rode the same Suzuki GSXR1100 for 15 seasons. I'm still riding it but I also bought a GSXR1000 in 2001. I test ride other bikes every chance I get. I suggest you do the same. Then, when you're ready to move on, you know what you're getting into. I wouldn't sell a bike I like and purchase another one just to try it because it looks like fun. They're all fun!!
Old 11-08-2003, 06:58 AM   #25
GSXRWolf
Founding Member

Default Re: Good read

Cheap engineering? C'mon, wake up. Hard to work on with all the Phillips head screws? Never heard of an impact driver? How about changing the screws to Allen heads? Crawl back in your Harley hole where you belong.
Old 11-08-2003, 06:59 AM   #26
wrecks
Founding Member

Cams in the VFR (as in the rc45 and rc51) are driven by a stack of counter-rotating gears. Is this what VLad was referring to?
wrecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 07:50 AM   #27
nitrofly
Founding Member

The Aprilia Futura is a better sports tourer than the VFR. More comfortable and more fun. Handles better too. Note these are not my opinions, they are facts.
Old 11-08-2003, 08:17 AM   #28
ikonoklass
Founding Member

Consider a Triumph Sprint ST instead.
Old 11-08-2003, 08:27 AM   #29
cptaebphd
Founding Member

Ok, I'll bite.

Everyone is biased -- there is no such thing as perfect objectivity. Moto-journalists actually purchase bikes and this does tend to bias their reviews of other bikes, at least at the sub-conscious level.

Much like the perfect "objective" journalists you allude to, the VFR author has told us all about the warts of the VFR. He still loves it (I would be surprised if he said otherwise) but is candid and balanced in his review.

This is a refreshing approach to motorcycle reviews and actually restores some balance to the universe when it's done right. The VFR author did it right.

cptaebphd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 09:36 AM   #30
Mashuri
Founding Member

I think you better look up the definitions of "fact" and "opinion." I rode the Futura and VFR before making my purchase. My OPINION was that the Aprilia was definitely more comfortable (best seat I ever sat on) but it didn't handle as well and wasn't as much fun. I also didn't like the characteristics of its slower-revving engine either. The comments I just made are opinion...and so are yours. Learn to make the destinction.
Mashuri is offline   Reply With Quote