Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 10-31-2003, 11:08 PM   #11
rvfrules
Founding Member

Default Re: Death Becomes Him

So, Ebass, if we were to pretend for a moment that the road through Death Valley had no speed limit, how fast do you reckon the ZZR would be capable of going?
rvfrules is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-01-2003, 12:50 AM   #12
saddlebag
Registered Member

I suppose if I wanted information E-bass would be a bit over the top, but in a road trip story I like the entertainment.

I guess I'm easy, I even liked his review of the Road Star even though he hardly had a word to say about it.
saddlebag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 04:21 AM   #13
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Excellent Ebass. I got to re-live my trip to DV two years ago. It is both a bizarre and wonderful place. Just remember to check the temp. before you ride there fellow MoFos. It can get really cold in the winter.

For those of you interested in more journeys like these, I highly recommend "Motorcycle Journeys through California" by Clement Salvadori. This book is a permanant fixture in my tankbag and I've taken many of the trips described in it.

And EBass, my vision is 20/20 now so I will definitely be in for the next adventure.

Sedona anyone?
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 04:22 AM   #14
Buzglyd
Founding Member

LOL. Let's just say you can do the ton for a half hour or so and never see another car.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 04:58 AM   #15
ebass
Founding Member

Default Hmmmm, How to put this?

Let's just say that the speedo goes to an indicated 180 mph and that given enough real estate to work with (and as Buz says, there is plenty in DV) a devoted motojournalist would have wanted to test the needle to ensure that it wasn't malfunctioning and indeed goes all the way to the end of the digits.

I'm just saying, theoretically that's what would happen.

ebass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 07:07 AM   #16
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Hmmmm, How to put this?

Cool story, I like places like that because it's so wide open, up here you just ride around through trees all the time, can't see a durn thing but trees, ought to clear-cut 'em all.

So, I'm wondering what would one of those big spiders look like if (in theory) it got pasted by a Kawasaki going a (theoretical) buck eighty? I'm guessing sandwich plate with legs? dinner plate? Caddie hubcap?

Inquireing minds want to know,,,
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 07:18 AM   #17
buzzbob
Registered Member

Personality Journalism?. This is a first hand report of a person's trip, It is not a news report or a technical review. Chill, enjoy the ride.
buzzbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 07:48 AM   #18
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

EB, ya go on this cool ride and no invite. I'm hurt and devistated. Great story and I bet it was a blast. Next time get Buz off his arse, bad vision or no. The guy is a slacker.
Old 11-01-2003, 08:16 AM   #19
kowalke67
Founding Member

Don't write the check and don't log in to the site and you won't have to read it. You can get a much more bland ride story from Rider magazine if that's what you are looking for. That's why there is more than one motorcycle magazine out there to choose from.

What you are complaining about is what I imagine a lot of people come to this site for. It has entertainment value and a forum for us to all spout off on.
Old 11-01-2003, 08:20 AM   #20
kowalke67
Founding Member

Could you be LESS observant and not see the link in the story to the bike review. This must be crying dumb arse day on MO.