Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/)
-   -   Harley's 100th Party - West Coast Style (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/2194-harleys-100th-party-west-coast-style.html)

electraglider_1997 10-31-2003 06:43 AM

Mother nature

Mother nature has a way of getting the last word in.

sarnali 10-31-2003 06:47 AM

Re: Harley's 100th Party - West Coast Style

If you have to ask, you wouldn't understand (LOL)

I've been seeing the fire stuff on the news, are you and yours OK? I guess our rain isn't so bad, unless you live in a flood zone.

Buzglyd 10-31-2003 07:00 AM

Re: Mother nature

Well, except the fire in San Diego was started by a lost hunter who fired off a flare gun.

CDF kept helipcopters grounded because origianally, the fire wasn't threatening any structures, of course then the wind changed.

Plus, we've got a bunch of dead trees infected by the bark beetle that we weren't allowed to clear because the enviros claimed it was Gnatcatcher habitat.

I wonder where the gnatcatchers are living now?

So, combine doofus hunter, inept bureacracy, and enviro-extremists and you get 10% of San Diego county burned.

You probably won't read any of that in Al Franken's latest book.

Oh, and the economy grew at 7.2% last quarter!

Have a great weekend EG. At least you ride the right bike!

Buzglyd 10-31-2003 07:02 AM

I was lucky this time.

I survived the La Costa fires of '96.

Some of my friends had to evacuate but their homes were spared. The fire wasn't near my neighborhood this time.

We've had a few sprinkles the last few days. Hopefully we'll get some real rain soon.

nokneedragin 10-31-2003 07:16 AM

There's a wrong bike?

Glad to hear your OK.

Buzglyd 10-31-2003 07:23 AM

Re: There's a wrong bike?

I was just kidding of course. My garage only sports two bikes right now but one of everything is the goal!

TatdNPrcd 10-31-2003 08:38 AM

Thanks for posting the site

It's interesting to me how this online community of opinionated FREAKS has become such a part of my life but I've found myself thinking of you, Buz, and of all people, Sean (???) quite often since the fire storm started. I knew you guys were further north so I'm really happy to hear you are indeed safe from the storm. I hope it stays that way.

I wish I could make as generous a donation as you've done but about all I can afford right now is a fraction of that and prayers for rain and a shift in the wind.

Here's hoping all the MOrons affected directly or indirectly by this fire storm are safe and whole.

Tigercub 10-31-2003 08:53 AM

Re: Mother nature

Indeed! Our Sunday ride was in hot weather, for this time of year here in Sacto, in the low '90s. By Wednesday the temperature had plummeted. Yesterday the high was in the '60s, today we had light rain, low's in the '30s and the first snow in the Sierra's. Don't mess with MOther Nature!

KPaulCook 10-31-2003 09:02 AM

Economic reality check for Buz (Econ 101(

Glad to hear you OK. By the way Warren Buffet (the rich guy, Arnolds economic advisor, friend of Bill Gates) is unloading dollars due to George Ws wooping budget deficits. The 7.2 % is the just a blip wait till those deficits kick in remember the bad old days inflation, high interest rates. Of course SDSU is home of the Laffer curve right (supply sider advisor to Reagan) . Deficits are really bad for the economy cause the government crowds out the private sector for investment. Go back to a real school Buz

Randy_P_Moran 10-31-2003 09:50 AM

It's ERIC Burdon, not Eddie

Less Harley stuff, please, and more hot chicks.

Thanks.