Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 10-29-2003, 10:23 AM   #11
donpussehl
Founding Member

Default Re: Dancing in the Moonlight

Great story...remember being able to switch off the headlight and enjoy the full moon. The real reason for the reply is has anyone noticed what I call headlight fixation at night. I seem to initially really focus on the leading edge of my illuminated vision and when the road is curvy have to make a conscious effort to follow the road not the beam. Really glad the multistrada has g good headlight-my ST4 was criminally poor. Don
donpussehl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-29-2003, 11:13 AM   #12
Steven_Verschoor
Registered Member

Great story, Martin.

I like the night, too. I think I'll walk it, though.
Steven_Verschoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 11:25 AM   #13
ewok1
Founding Member

this all seems pretty risky to me. but great writing. all us idaho dudes got the gift.
ewok1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 02:47 PM   #14
Le_Racer
Founding Member

Salut!

Good story Martin.

I mostly enjoy night time off road riding in the winter. Here in Quebec we have plenty of good trails in the winter, the only problem being that snowmobile guys tend to get pretty upset when they see a bike on their turf.

Night time riding, with or without (when I'm sure not to encounter any sled) light is a blast in thoses trails.

Ciao!

Guy
Le_Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 01:35 AM   #15
pplassm
Founding Member

It's nice to be able to do this, although it's a lot easier to do it in the desert than the eastern woods where the trees block all the moonlight/starlight. It is fun, though!
Old 10-30-2003, 04:25 AM   #16
maladg
Registered Member

Interesting article and for me, timely. A couple of weekends ago, I rode at night (new moon) for the first time in several years. Zipping around a corner, I nearly centerpunched a deer and had an "ah-ha" moment. The deer in question was fully illuminated by my ST11's dual 45's on high. The poor bambi could not get traction...those hooves were smokin as she tried to burn out and get outta my way.

Next time I ride at night, the old throttle will be down a notch. If I ever start riding more at night, more candlepower will be in order.

Some of my best and most memorable rides have been at night. Thanks to the author for reminding me.
maladg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 04:31 AM   #17
szazbo
Registered Member

I fully understand and embrace the night-ride ethos for I was the host of several "Worship the Moon Goddess" mountainbike rides in the San Francisco Bay Area - during full moons of course. Martin's advice is very wise and holds for mountain biking as well as motorized biking. Ride safe.

Old 10-30-2003, 03:02 PM   #18
jda1184
Founding Member

Cool Article. Since I have to complain about something though, why'd you use a filter to make that daytime street bike pic look like it's at night?
jda1184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 03:10 PM   #19
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

Because I could The photo was actually taken in low light anyway so only a mild "day for night" filter was called for.

cheers
sportbike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 01:59 AM   #20
davoduc
Founding Member

Default Re: spider-man

I live in Eastern KY and definately agree - I ran into a web (complete w/ big hairy) and immediately turned loose of the handlebars and started trying to get my helmet off w/o unstrapping it! I crashed shortly after that, but the spider managed to get away unscathed.
davoduc is offline   Reply With Quote