Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 10-29-2003, 07:02 AM   #41
gniewko
Registered Member

Default Re: 2004 KTM Streetbikes & RC8 Concept

You're nuts. The new KTM superbike is the most original and interesting design since the 916/996. Screw Benelli, MV, and 999 (the new Laverda comes close, though). Every bike looks old and dated next to the KTM. It's a beauty. If they make it and I can afford it, I'll buy one.

-Gniewko
gniewko is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-29-2003, 09:27 AM   #42
edward44
Founding Member

I agree completly. KTM have clearly studied the Firebolt carefully and have produced what eric should have done in the first place if he wasnt saddled with the H-D stone crusher.

This design blindsides the Japs.
edward44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 11:31 AM   #43
edward44
Founding Member

Looking at the 3/4 rear view of the RC8 concept I 'd say the oil is carried in the swing arm!!

freshly minted KTM fan and future owner of RC8
edward44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 07:18 AM   #44
motonut_1
Founding Member

Default Re: Gas tank in the seat

To bad you didn't patent the idea before all these motorcycle manufacturers jumped on the bandwagon
motonut_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 07:21 AM   #45
motonut_1
Founding Member

Just to set the record straight, I don't think BMW won a recent Dakar with one of the twins. They used an F650 based machine
motonut_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 01:23 AM   #46
Hadji
Founding Member

Default Welcome all ye converts.

I just want to extend a heartfelt welcome to all of you who have converted and become true believers. Having been a fan for quite a while, the dilemma becomes "which bike to buy first!" I was ready to purchase a supermoto and now there are so many to choose from. Then there are the Adventure dual-sports, the old Duke and the new Duke, and of course the RC8. I wonder if KTM would give a mega-discount if I bought one of each.......or maybe I could take a different bike for a test ride every day of the week so I could narrow it down a bit.

As you all know, "He who plays with the most toys, wins!" Ahhh, good times are ahead.

KTM Singles and Twins Forever!!!
Hadji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 05:32 AM   #47
schizuki
Founding Member

The RC8 is hideous.

Origami/Stealth styling worked great on the R1 (the most beautiful bike ever to come out of Japan), but it got overdone in the Aprilia Futura and has gone thoroughly overboard in the RC8.

But hey, if it breaks up the radar signature...

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 05:48 AM   #48
schizuki
Founding Member

>Buell/"Hardley" better get on the

>stick!

I predict Buell will sell more XB12's in the US than KTM will sell Dukes and RC-8's when they're in full production.

And "Hardley" is hardly in any danger of losing out to companies like KTM. I'm no Harley fan, but I have to laugh when people constantly say "Watch out, Hardley!" and then they post another year of record profits.

Admit it, Harley doomscreamers, you're just like me - bitter as hell because back in '86, Harley dirtbags were buying a few shares of stock for $100 to stick on the wall of their trailer, and now they're cashing them in for new $18,000 bikes.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 09:57 AM   #49
Hector1
Founding Member

I am sure a company like Honda is concerned with their profit. But, they don't seem to mind kicking ass in the MotoGP class for the last couple of years. I guess my point is, I was not happy when HD pulled out of AMA Superbike a few years ago. Granted, they had not had much experience, but I really don't think the program was given much of a chance. I got the impression that the money spent on the Superbike effort went straight into certain pockets....
Hector1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 04:13 PM   #50
drthompson65
Founding Member

Love it! Too bad I'll never have the money..
2004 Ducati 999 Mono Yellow (Wrecked May 06)
2006 Ducati 999S Mono Black (Replaced Wife June 06)

1972-2000 A collection of mini, dirt, and road bikes to vast too list..
drthompson65 is offline   Reply With Quote