Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/)
-   -   2004 Big Dogs (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/2185-2004-big-dogs.html)

mscuddy 10-24-2003 10:31 AM

Re: 2004 Big Dogs

Well. it's not a Boss Hoss, but I guess it's OK.

nokneedragin 10-24-2003 10:36 AM

Personally they are some ugly bikes, but if stretched out choppers are your thing then more power to you.

Laughed at the one line about precise handling for the pitbull, I guess if a straight line is the definition of precise, OK.

pushrod 10-24-2003 10:57 AM

YAWN!

Lessee... Come up with $23K or more. Much more. Have a marginally rideable sculpture that looks pretty much like the others.

NAH! Next?

mscuddy 10-24-2003 11:04 AM

"while a standard LED tachometer integrated with the speedo adds easier operation – visually indicating when to shift through the 6-speed transmission."

"Duh, the little light's blinking, I guess it's time to shift now." CLUNK. Whrrrrr...

Shows you who the bikes's aimed at. Rich Urban Bikers, with lots of money, no experience, and hopefully a kidney belt.

If anyone needed a light, or the tach, to tell them when to shift, it's that crowd. That's when they should get a seeing eye dog. Or the seeing ear dog. Whatever.

Would like to see that 107 cu.in. engine, and 6 speed trannie in a Buell though, unit of course.

ducatirdr 10-24-2003 11:13 AM

Choppers - So Yesterday again

You know when choppers are mainstream it's time to move to something else.

Yawn is right. This stuff is so last week. What's next? I predict Harley's day is about done. Sell your stock now. It's over.

Previous Road King owner.

sportbike_pilot 10-24-2003 11:17 AM

Thanks for publishing this. I think that Big Dogs are pretty cool and they are for sure very popular around here. The guys at the local dealer are motorheads to the core and better than most of the sportbike shops to deal with (probably because they have to be ;)

Nothing wrong with more motorcycles! Especially ones that seem to go against the crusier grain that currently blots the landscape. Right on!

Sportbike Pilot

TatdNPrcd 10-24-2003 11:18 AM

It was back in '98 or '99 when I first looked at BigDog MCs. I'd waited a couple of years already for my RoadKing and the only bike in the garage was the ST11 so I was getting impatient. I found a local BD dealer and checked out the Vintage and the Prosport. Both are now discontinued models but I liked what I saw.

I rode the Vintage and was impressed with the construction, details, power and tranny but not the way it handled. It took forever to turn at slow speeds and I'd already ridden a RoadKing so I knew the difference.

The Prosport was amazing. It was so well balanced that it almost stood up on it's own. I felt I could sit there with feet on the pegs forever.

Now that I have the bikes I need I can dream of the bikes I want. My chopper dreams have always had a rigid frame and the Pitbull fits that picture just perfect. At $24K it's a whole lot cheaper than building one myself.

These new BigDogs look great. With ten years in the business they must be doing something right.

johnnyb 10-24-2003 11:34 AM

It's not The Highwayman

Hey where the hell is The Highwayman dammit? I didn't pay $11.94 to never hear from The Highwayman.

captainwhoopass 10-24-2003 11:42 AM

An R1 has a shift light too. What's wrong with that?

captainwhoopass 10-24-2003 11:43 AM

Re: Choppers - So Yesterday again

Congratulations. You just joined the other MOrons who make this same claim year after year and are wrong year after year.