Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 10-24-2003, 12:15 PM   #11
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default Re: 2004 Big Dogs

Jeez, you're right...what was I thinking...?

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-24-2003, 12:17 PM   #12
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default Re: It's not The Highwayman, is it?

He is everywhere a free spirt roams, my son.
Old 10-24-2003, 01:11 PM   #13
torrnado
Founding Member

Okay, they're beautiful bikes for what they are, but it just goes to show that the only individuals riding them are old men with too much money (and possibly not enough skill to ride a sport bike).

"...precise handling..." --now that's funny!

I would rather have a sport bike, a sport tourer and a Goldwing before I would buy (one) of these bikes!
torrnado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 01:20 PM   #14
torrnado
Founding Member

Default Re: Choppers - So Yesterday again

I'm stunned that year after to year people continue to buy Harley-Davidsons (or Harley-compatibles) given their out-dated styling, poor handling, mechanical failures, price, etc., etc., particularly since Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha and Suzuki all produce dependable, smooth and relatively inexpensive bikes for this market.
torrnado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 02:33 PM   #15
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: It's not The Highwayman

He's on the highway..man

Leader of the pack,,,grim faced mauraders, eyes fixed on the horizon as massive pistons annealed in the furnaces of American foundries, pound out their V-twin song, each stroke sending powerfull thrusts through Iron and steel, through aramid/kevlar belts, to gleaming polished aluminium wheels to Dunlops powering into the asphalt of the American Road.

Leather sleeves straining to contain the writhing, knotting muscles therein as each Brother adjusts his machines throttle to maintain his aloted position in the pack, A position earned through respect gained in hours of manly combat.

The Highwayman accepts the mantle of leadership bestowed upon him by his Brothers as his right. The Band of Brothers passes through citys and towns big and small ever searching for atrocitours and provocitures, threats to the American Way of Life

Women young and old feel the flush of passion at the display of such wanton manhood. Muscles straining, hair braided or flying free in the wind, Leather cut-aways displaying mystic symbols frightening and unknown to the uninitiated.

Old men remember a time they too were tested in the fires of Guadalcanal, Normandy and Khe sahn and a hundred other nameless places unknown but to those who fought there, rememberd ever in their hearts, their own vision of hell. The Highywayman and his Brothers remind them of the freedoms won at such a cost,

Some draw themselves up a little straighter others feel their hearts swell with pride. All knowing they can sleep safely tonight,,, The highwaymans on the hunt.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 03:19 PM   #16
travisyoung
Founding Member

ooh ooh

vibration resistant mirrors!
travisyoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 03:54 PM   #17
mcjunkie
Founding Member

Default Re: Choppers - So Yesterday again

Don't hold your breath. I've been making that call for years but the HD steamroller keeps on.. errr.. rollin. I keep thinking its a national (international) case of the emperors new clothes.. people will wake up one day and realize that they are worshipping a g.d. bike manufacturer.. But I keep being wrong so I've shut up about it.

Not that I think they're bad bikes, or that I wouldn't like one. (All black Dyna sport please) but not at 15k.. I can't for the life of me understand how they, HD corporate, manage to hold onto the "mystique" thing with so many seemingly rational people. (sheeple?) example: My otherwise sensible family man neighbor got a Harley bar and shield TATOO on his arm. A real corporate logo tatoo on the actual flesh of his arm. I think it's the dumbest effing thing i've ever seen, but he just thinks its cool. He wise-a$$edly said he doesn't blame me for not tatooing Yamaha on my arm. I say not only NOT Yamaha, but not Pizza Hut, The Gap, or Tommy Hilfiger either. Somebody doesn't get it. Sometimes I wonder if its me.
mcjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 04:01 PM   #18
mcjunkie
Founding Member

ROTFLMAO! Dude, you nailed it! That's excellent.

Who needs THM when we got sarnali.
mcjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 04:18 PM   #19
Captain_1
Founding Member

Default Re: Got Choppers?

In the cruiser & custom categories, the American V-Twin is the real deal. Period.

Captain_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 05:39 PM   #20
redbandit_1
Founding Member

Yes! he's back.
redbandit_1 is offline   Reply With Quote